Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chk999 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121095  
Subject: Which IRS document? Date: 3/4/2013 5:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am the treasurer of a small non-profit HOA. We have to file an annual federal tax return. Which IRS document is the best place to start for preparing this return?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: WallyJr One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117960 of 121095
Subject: Re: Which IRS document? Date: 3/4/2013 6:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am the treasurer of a small non-profit HOA. We have to file an annual federal tax return. Which IRS document is the best place to start for preparing this return?

If your oganization is like most HOAs, the HOA is organized as a corporati0on. If that is the case, you need to look at both Form 1120-H and Form 1120, You will be filing either one of these. Be sure to to get the instructions for both.

Author: chk999 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117965 of 121095
Subject: Re: Which IRS document? Date: 3/5/2013 5:41 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks. I have a copy of last year's return (done by the previous treasurer) and will see which form they used.

Author: WallyJr One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117966 of 121095
Subject: Re: Which IRS document? Date: 3/5/2013 10:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks. I have a copy of last year's return (done by the previous treasurer) and will see which form they used.

A HOA can switch back and forth between the 1102-H and the 1120 based on witch will generate the lowest tax.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement