UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2old4bs Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75540  
Subject: Re: 'Uknown' money & what to do Date: 6/1/2004 8:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Which make the 3 and 5 year returns seem so-so, and the 1 year return seem tremendous.

Well, the 1 year return is from 3/31/03 (the market low) to 3/31/04 (the market high), so it's probably accurate.

The 3 year return includes the 2002 market decline and the 5 year return also includes the 2000 market decline--hence the 1 year looks great while the 3 and 5 year not so great.

I'm finding it difficult to find out what *MY* contributions have been in the 4 years...It seems company plans are not very helpful in letting the participant find out what they contributed, and what was gained (or lost).

Don't you get quarterly statements from your 401K? Or at least end-of-year? Those statements should tell you how much was contributed by you, by your employer (if there's a match), and how much was gained/lost over the period covered.

2old

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement