Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSpirit Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 428  
Subject: Whitehouse clears NTT buyout of Verio Date: 8/24/2000 8:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Good morning,

A Reuters item this morning said President Clinton has cleared the way for Japan's NTT Communications (NTT) to buy Verio. Clinton determined that the deal was not a threat to U.S. national security.

Click on the news link at the top of this page to read the full press release.

Keep Foolish and Prosper,

Spirit
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ibnana Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416 of 428
Subject: Re: Whitehouse clears NTT buyout of Verio Date: 8/24/2000 11:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
YEE-HAW!!

One less stock to worry about. Now I have to agonize only about ELNK, ENTU, NITE, and QCOM, to name a few! A $36 LT gain is looking pretty good at this point.

Carol

Author: rcfrench Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 417 of 428
Subject: Re: Whitehouse clears NTT buyout of Verio Date: 8/30/2000 8:04 PM
Well yes...at least so I am told...yet I see no money changing hands yet...perhaps another delay?

Author: ibnana Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418 of 428
Subject: Re: Whitehouse clears NTT buyout of Verio Date: 8/30/2000 11:06 PM
I don't think so. The tender offer was extended to today (Aug. 30) and now that Clinton has agreed to it, it's just a matter of time. Notice that the closing price today is just short of the $60 offer. That means the arbs. trading the spread are out of it now. We should get a final date soon.

Carol

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement