UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947898  
Subject: Who do you believe? Date: 10/7/2012 9:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
"Suspicion about the federal government's September jobs report has fallen on Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, who appeared on CNBC this morning and defended the numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), claiming--falsely--that upward revisions of 86,000 jobs were from the private sector. In fact, the new number is entirely accounted for by upwards revisions to state and federal government payrolls."

Is it a question of estimates?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/05/Suspicion...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Vetiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821960 of 1947898
Subject: Re: Who do you believe? Date: 10/7/2012 10:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Why would you bother quoting Breitbart?

V.

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821962 of 1947898
Subject: Re: Who do you believe? Date: 10/7/2012 10:09 AM
Recommendations: 0
I don't believe anything that comes from that POS Breitbart.
Sorry!

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822003 of 1947898
Subject: Re: Who do you believe? Date: 10/7/2012 12:41 PM
Not sure. Was there something incorrect in the article?

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822150 of 1947898
Subject: Re: Who do you believe? Date: 10/7/2012 11:42 PM
I find this very interesting:

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/dbdown?Your+request+was+invalid+....

I'm not going to format this - here's the raw copy. In short, official government information cannot be obtained by us citizens:

US Department of Labor
A to Z Index | FAQs | About BLS | Contact Us
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Follow Us Follow BLS on Twitter | What's New | Release Calendar | Site Map

Home
Subject Areas
Databases & Tools
Publications
Economic Releases
Beta

Bureau of Labor Statistics
FONT SIZE:Minus Font SizePlus Font Size
Notice

Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:33 PM

The database is currently unavailable.
Your request was invalid for this Data Access Service. Please attempt other data requests. Thank you for using LABSTAT.

tools
Areas at a Glance
Industries at a Glance
Economic Releases
Databases & Tables
Maps

calculators
Inflation
Location Quotient
Injury And Illness

help
Help & Tutorials
FAQs
Glossary
About BLS
Contact Us

info
What's New
Careers @ BLS
Find It! DOL
Join our Mailing Lists
Linking & Copyright Info

resources
Inspector General (OIG)
Budget and Performance
No Fear Act
USA.gov
Benefits.gov
Disability.gov

Freedom of Information Act | Privacy & Security Statement | Disclaimers | Customer Survey | Important Web Site Notices

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics | Postal Square Building, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20212-0001

www.bls.gov | Telephone: 1-202-691-5200 | TDD: 1-800-877-8339 | Contact Us

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement