Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193094  
Subject: who knew????? Date: 12/22/2009 3:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 37
First of all, Happy Birthday to all of our December babies. I've been laying low around here for a couple of weeks and apoloize for not chiming in on a more timely basis.

Anyway,,,,,,,,DW has been a member of www.carepages.com for quite some time.

It's a site where patients or those who are dealing with patients can blog and such.

Over the years she has written to numerous folks offering support and at time condolences.

There is one family that lives near us in town with a child under ten who has lived long past what the Drs. thought would be the end of her life. But, at this point the family knows the end is near.

The mom is actually a teacher at the same school as DW who has been on leave since before DW started there. That's a long time.

Last week the mom posted how she was pretty certain that the family was not going to celebrate Christmas this year since the situation is deteriorating rapidly. She also noted that they just can't take the child out to see Santa at the mall this year and she asked that if anyone had a Santa connection to please see what they can do.

No, DW did not enlist me to play Santa which would have been neat to do I suppose but heartbreaking at the same time.

What she did do is call DS, the former Fire Fighter who then made calls to one of our town's units which told him to call another unit closer to the family.

They weren't so helpful so DS turned to his buddies working out of the next town over where he used to serve.

They were more than happy to oblige.

On Christmas Eve they run a truck around town with Santa on top giving out candy and stuff to the kiddies along the route.

They plan on going in an hour early to suit up and go out of district to make a special inside stop to visit this little girl and her sister.

The guys even asked DW if there were siblings in the house so that they be sure to have something for them too.

DW will act as liason so that Santa makes it to the correct home and so that the family has a somewhat familiar face along with these great guys.

Who knew that I was married to Mrs. Claus????

Well, at least his NJ dispatcher???

Merry Christmas my dear friends!!!!!!

bigpix
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement