Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39756  
Subject: Who picks 3 stars... Date: 11/13/2007 11:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I really wonder sometimes at the people who make the 3-star picks. Tonight, Price won the game against Toronto by making 37 saves (.925 save percentage tonight) and some pretty spectacular sounding ones (I could only listen.) Yet, he was not a star as Montreal went on to win in OT. I am sure that Montreal would have lost if Price was not in net tonight. Silly system.

Icemann
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CPAgentPreppie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17769 of 39756
Subject: Re: Who picks 3 stars... Date: 11/14/2007 6:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I really wonder sometimes at the people who make the 3-star picks. Tonight, Price won the game against Toronto by making 37 saves (.925 save percentage tonight) and some pretty spectacular sounding ones (I could only listen.) Yet, he was not a star as Montreal went on to win in OT. I am sure that Montreal would have lost if Price was not in net tonight. Silly system.

The media at the game. Based on what you said, I would guess that the game was in Toronto. Most 3 Star selections have a home town team bias, especially in Toronto.

Agent

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17770 of 39756
Subject: Re: Who picks 3 stars... Date: 11/14/2007 9:38 AM
Agent,

You are amazing. ; ) The game was in Toronto. Actually, I also get a little tired with the OT winners automatically (well, it seems like it is automatic) getting a star - usually the first star. It does not matter if they did nothing all game...or even worse scored an own goal or gave the puck away for a late-game tieing goal, they get the first star quite often.

Anyhoo, I am quite happy seeing Price continue to do well for Les Habitants...even if Toronto does not recognize his ability.

Icemann

Author: TMFMrCHW Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17772 of 39756
Subject: Re: Who picks 3 stars... Date: 11/14/2007 5:01 PM
St Louis got all 3 stars in the Wings game at St Louis last night. The Wings controlled the first and third periods, but gave up 4 quick goals in the second, and lost 4-3. I didn't think anyone on the Wings really deserved a star, but for St Louis to get all 3 playing only 1 good period seemed odd to me as well.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement