Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My husband has been divorced for 8 years and he has always had his daughter. The divorce papers say they have joint physical custody and are suppose to both support the child. The mother has never supported the child and now she wants to claim the child every other year. Can she do this? The papers say they claim every other year, but she has never supported the child or has the child ever lived with her. She doesn't pay support either. Also she lives in another state than us.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.