UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1972088  
Subject: Who Won the Debate? Date: 10/5/2012 10:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 33
So who won the debate?
In my estimation they both lost.
The whole debate was a fiasco from start to finish.

Lehrer lost control of the thing to big-mouth Romney who spent the evening lying through his teeth.

Romney constantly interrupted and drowned out all other voices. Then, when he was satisfied he was being heard, he proceeded to spew lie after lie.

Obama stood there like a sleep-walker and allowed Romney to tell his lies unchallenged. There is absolutely no combat in Obama. He's not a guy I would want to have my back in a real stand-up fight.

But I wouldn't want Romney, either. He'd probably tell me he had my back, but his hand would be in my pocket while he was looking the other way for an escape route for one.

If I were down and out, I certainly wouldn't want Romney. He'd tell me to get a job or starve in the streets - while he laughed with his rich buddies as he dined on chateaubriand . Obama would at least have a little compassion and try to help. At least I believe he would.

The edge goes to Obama.
But the debate was lost by both.
It was, again in my estimation, an insult to the American people.

If *I* were running the debate I would warn the participants that if they interrupted their microphone would be instantly turned off and they would lose a turn to speak.
I would also warn them that if they failed to answer the question asked, their microphone would be turned off and they would lose a turn to speak.
It might be the fastest debate in history, but they would either play by MY rules or go home.

AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement