Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: irnewbie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3392  
Subject: Whole Foods Date: 6/25/2012 9:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was doing homework on WFM and seen where on 6/13/2012 they had a conference call and lowered their FY 2012 guidance. Did anyone else see this and if so what does it mean?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3272 of 3392
Subject: Re: Whole Foods Date: 6/26/2012 1:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
My Jun 20 analysis says that investors are worried that the problems in Europe could bring on a recession or at least a slowing of economic growth in the US. WFM is still relatively small overseas, but people may trim their spending as the slow down hits home. Hence, the pros are scaling back earnings expectations.

I find evidence most investors are moving into defensive positions. Dollar stores, Walmart. Dividend paying stocks.

Whole Foods has been through this before and has learned to appeal to the budget minded customer when necessary. So I doubt they will be much impacted. Their upscale customers will not cut back at all. But the wannabe's may have to.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement