UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734711  
Subject: Whoops-a-daisy Date: 10/4/2012 11:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/10/02/whoops-a-daisy-signific...

police still won't admit the plants they seized in what was supposedly the biggest outdoor marijuana bust in Lethbridge history are plain old flowers — daisies, to be precise.

All police will concede at this point is the 1,624 plants torn from a suburban Lethbridge garden on July 30 isn't marijuana, as first claimed after a phalanx of police marched in and starting plucking.

"This is a significant bust, given the size of this operation," is how a senior officer put it at the time, while proudly displaying garbage bags full of the dastardly daises.

I wonder if they went in with pistils blazing. I hope they put the petal to the metal to stem these kinds of abuses.

Personal connection: We attended a wedding in Lethbridge (southern Alberta) back in the 70s. The groom was of Scots descent and the bride of Ukranian. Both of them were first-generation Canadians and thus the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were all from their respective old countries. It was quite amusing to observe the two groups mingle -- the older folks were all quite short and spoke with heavy Scots or Ukranian accents. We brought our own weed.

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646957 of 734711
Subject: Re: Whoops-a-daisy Date: 10/4/2012 12:04 PM
Recommendations: 0
fleg wrote: I wonder if they went in with pistils blazing. I hope they put the petal to the metal to stem these kinds of abuses.

This is why I love this board...news you can't get anywhere else. ;-)

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647066 of 734711
Subject: Re: Whoops-a-daisy Date: 10/4/2012 8:18 PM
fleg wrote: I wonder if they went in with pistils blazing. I hope they put the petal to the metal to stem these kinds of abuses.

Fleg's post was flowering poetic.

The owner shouldn't be too mad, the agent's just thought they were weeding his garden.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647071 of 734711
Subject: Re: Whoops-a-daisy Date: 10/4/2012 8:31 PM

Fleg's post was flowering poetic.

The owner shouldn't be too mad, the agent's just thought they were weeding his garden.

I don't expect every cop sent in to rip out an alleged marijuana patch to be an experienced gardener, let alone a botanist.

But they SHOULD be able to distinguish between definitely-completely-different-from-pot and rather-similar-to-pot. These guys failed that test.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement