Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: paru100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 108  
Subject: why 2 options for the same strike and date Date: 3/19/2008 12:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why are there 2 options for the same strike and date? For instance, BTU has two options for the jan 09 for $40 and $50.

-P
Print the post Back To Top
Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94 of 108
Subject: Re: why 2 options for the same strike and date Date: 3/19/2008 1:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
paru100:

Because BTU spun off Patriot Coal (PCX). The 'old' pre spin off options become non-standard options:

Jan 50 Call (L-09) XZVAJ = 100 shares of BTU, 10 shares of PCX

and the newer ones are standard options:

Jan 50 Call (L-09) ZZTAJ = 100 shares of BTU

Mystery solved. :-))

Denny (Sherlock) Schlesinger

Author: paru100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 95 of 108
Subject: Re: why 2 options for the same strike and date Date: 3/19/2008 3:32 PM
Thanks. Is there a site where you found that out? I saw a similar scenario in BAM. I assume it is the same case, since they spun out BIP recently.

-P

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 96 of 108
Subject: Re: why 2 options for the same strike and date Date: 3/19/2008 5:45 PM
My broker's website (Ameritrade) has the info. Options are marked "S" or "NS" and the detailed quote tells you exactly what you are buying or selling.

You could try CBOE:

http://www.cboe.com/

Denny Schlesinger

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement