Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: moodyrebel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8  
Subject: Why did AHL close higher than merger price 10/22 Date: 10/24/1999 9:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I realize this stock is not followed much but why did AHL close higher than the $32.25 we are to get per share on Friday? The propectus says that at one time they were talking to another party. Is another bid in the offing or are stupid people paying more than they will get in the merger?

Overall AHL has been a great stock for us over the last 5 years, even with very slow steady growth. Hope ALL can do as well, its recent performance scares me
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jtim Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 8
Subject: Re: Why did AHL close higher than merger price 1 Date: 10/28/1999 7:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
If you own 100 shares AHL you will get 134.97 shares of ALL.ALL closed today at 27.19.AHL closed at 36.313.Your 100 AHL is worth 3631.31,Your 134.97 is worth 3669.83. This is why AHL is closing higher than the merger price

Author: moodyrebel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 8
Subject: Re: Why did AHL close higher than merger price 1 Date: 11/2/1999 11:50 PM
Thanks jtim. I did not realize on the day I posted that the conversion ratio had been set and did not do the calculation on my own to test it. Since I had not heard and the prospeectus hinted of another suitor, I wasn't sure if it was the rumor or the math on the conversion price. Glad you could set me straight.

BTW hope ALL performs as well as AHL has for us. Slow but very steady progress upward. I realize ALL has taken some lumps lately, but I think we'll hold

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement