No. of Recommendations: 9
Wikipedia states that "Sarah Palin eloped with her high-school boyfriend, Todd Palin, on August 29, 1988, when she was 24 years old." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

I know lot's of people elope for very good reasons, but it occurred to me that her son, Track, has been listed as 19 years old while his parents eloped 20 years ago.

A little googling reveals Tracks birthday as April 20, 1989...less than 8 months after the parents eloped http://celebgalz.com/track-palin-birthday-sarah-palins-son-c...

Just stating more facts that should be addressed before we put this person one heartbeat away from running the country.

-murray
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Just stating more facts that should be addressed before we put this person one heartbeat away from running the country.

I'm sure that there's a point here, but what is it?
No. of Recommendations: 4

Look - I think Sarah is a pretty poor candidate, but this really has nothing to do with anything.

Just leave it alone.

Zath
Wikipedia states that "Sarah Palin eloped with her high-school boyfriend, Todd Palin, on August 29, 1988, when she was 24 years old." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

I know lot's of people elope for very good reasons, but it occurred to me that her son, Track, has been listed as 19 years old while his parents eloped 20 years ago.

A little googling reveals Tracks birthday as April 20, 1989...less than 8 months after the parents eloped http://celebgalz.com/track-palin-birthday-sarah-palins-son-c......

-murray

I won't allow guys like you and PeterRabit even to get close to a polling station when I ere long shall establish my reign.

Abe
No. of Recommendations: 40
Personally, I'm more interested to find out why she cut spending for special needs children by 62%. Especially in a cash rich state like Alaska.

AW
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm sure that there's a point here, but what is it?

Don't you find it a bit hypocritical for a politician who supports abstinence from sex until marriage to potentially have a child conceived out of wedlock?

Personally, I don't really care, but the right wingnuts like James Dobson might: http://forums.houmatoday.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8351034365/m...

-murray
..from the link:..

1. Sarah Palin's first son, Track Palin, was born in April 1989 (we don't have the exact day). Actually now we do, courtesy of FOX News' Alan Colmes. Link He was born on April 20. For the purposes of this analysis, we will give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt and assume that her son was born on April 30, 1989, the longest possible April date from her marriage.

2. Sarah Palin was married on August 29, 1988. She eloped.

3. 38 weeks is the typical human pregnancy.

4. 38 weeks before her son's birthday, April 20, 1989, is July 28, 1988 - i.e., that would be the hypothetical day of conception.

5. If this data is correct, that would mean that Sarah Palin eloped four weeks after her son's conception.

6. Sarah Palin's son could still be legitimate if he was born four weeks premature, AND if he was conceived on the night his parents eloped.

..oops..
LOL! - Another winning issue for the left. Like I've said before, it's unfortunate for Republicans that Obama is so much smarter than his followers.
The relevance of this is lost on me.

If Christianists and other swooning Republicans didn't care about her daughter's current out-of-wedlock baby, why are they going to care about her own from 20 years ago?

They won't, except to the extent to whine about "liberal elitist unfair maltreatment,"

Jimi
No. of Recommendations: 4
MurrayS,
"A little googling reveals Tracks birthday as April 20, 1989...less than 8 months after the parents eloped http://celebgalz.com/track-palin-birthday-sarah-palins-son-c......

Just stating more facts that should be addressed before we put this person one heartbeat away from running the country."

Wait a minute. Bill Clinton's little affairs, rapes, assaults and cigar humidifying didn't bother you but someone who had premarital sex that ended in a 20+ year marriage and still going is somehow disqualifying for the presidency? I can't believe your head isn't a messy smear all over your monitor.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Wait a minute. Bill Clinton's little affairs, rapes, assaults and cigar humidifying didn't bother you but someone who had premarital sex that ended in a 20+ year marriage and still going is somehow disqualifying for the presidency? I can't believe your head isn't a messy smear all over your monitor.

AHA! Then the Republican party actually IS running the little twit for President instead of vice president. I guess they don't expect the old geezer to last very long either.

AM
The relevance of this is lost on me.

..it has no relevance of course..

..it's the irony I revel in..
LOL.

20 year marriage. No fetuses killed.

No divorces.

No wonder the Left can't stand Sarah Palin.

Jedi
6. Sarah Palin's son could still be legitimate if he was born four weeks premature, AND if he was conceived on the night his parents eloped.

Ahem...

A child is "legitimate" if his parents are married when he is born.

I have no interest whatsoever in when Track was conceived. But I did find the word "eloped" strange. Teenagers elope. Adults in their mid-twenties do what they wish.

The earliest day that I could find any hits on Google News for [todd sarah palin elope] was August 30, 2008.

http://news.google.com/news?as_q=todd+sarah+palin+elope&...

This quote is from one of those articles (dated Aug 29) which appeared in the Boston Globe.

A year after graduating from college, she eloped with Todd Palin, her high school sweetheart, and was married in a civil ceremony.

I would have to conclude that one or more parents opposed this marriage, and rather than confront the issue, Sarah and Todd "eloped."

Interesting.

Peter
No. of Recommendations: 2
Wait a minute. Bill Clinton's little affairs, rapes, assaults

LOL These are my all time favorite posts! A complete drive by where the poster throws a big steaming pile of dogsh@t at the reader! So where exactly were the rape and assault charges filed Mr. Vile?

NEVER SAY DIE!!!
A little more detail on the "elopement."

August 29, 2008 - 10:36PM
By Amy Goldstein and Michael D. Shear
The Washington Post

Her father was a science teacher and her mother became a school secretary. The family would go on camping trips to hunt moose, bear and sometimes wild sheep, according to Adele Morgan, a friend since childhood. Palin is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, and even today, as governor, she fishes for salmon in Bristol Bay.

The third of four children, Palin was shaped by her father's love of sports and her mother's Christian faith, according to Kaylene Johnson, a journalist whose biography of the governor was published this year. Palin's father was her track coach, and she played on the softball team, but her real passion was basketball. "She doesn't like sitting on the sidelines," Johnson said.

Her mother, meanwhile, made sure that Sundays were for church.

Palin entered the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant and won, playing the flute for her talent. She went on to compete for Miss Alaska and was a runner up.

She began to date Todd Palin, a part Yup'ik Eskimo who grew up in the bush of a native Alaskan village, when he transferred to Wasilla's high school to play basketball. She went off to college, studying first in Hawaii before transferring to the University of Idaho, where she majored in journalism with a minor in political science.

Not long after she returned to Wasilla, she and Todd Palin eloped at the local courthouse - 20 years ago yesterday - recruiting two strangers from across the street to serve as witnesses.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/palin_39987___article.html/s...

Long shot guess here:

It was Sarah that said, "Let's do it. Now!"

Peter
Don't you find it a bit hypocritical for a politician who supports abstinence from sex until marriage to potentially have a child conceived out of wedlock?

Are you for real?

She was 24, now she is 44. She has changed. I am not the same person I was when I was 24. The views I had when I was a young adult have evolved to match my growth, maturity, and life experiences. If you could drop the partisanship for a second, you'd have to admit that you have changed over the years too.

When I was 24 I was snorted coke daily for period of about three months. I won't get into the details as to how I could afford such a lifestyle, but rest assured it happened.

At age 22 I nearly killed two people with my car while legally drunk. I avoided trial only thru the grace of God looking out for my dumb keister.

Today, I can tell you that I haven't used drugs in 27 years and I have not gotten behind the wheel of a car after consuming a single beer in about 25 years.

I am not the same person I was years ago, and neither is Sarah Palin.

For those of you out there that absoluteley LOVE to turn everything into a partisan thing, I DO NOT hold Obama's admitted coke usage against him and I DID NOT condemn Klinton for smoking marijuana. there is enough legit things to condemn them for without resorting to things they did as young adults.

You sir, need to grow up.
this really has nothing to do with anything.
_____
Jwinter
Another winning issue for the left.
____
I don't care about this at all. I don't care about her childbirth choices, number of children or the timing of the conception of any of them

But this isn't an issue that liberals hammer on. This issue belongs to Rush and Dobson and the Christian right: Sarah's biggest fans.
I guess the reaping of what they've been sowing may just be happening.

Jwinter
Yes it does.

From now on in politics and the business world, a woman's sex life and reproductive decisions are fair game.

Thank the Left.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yes it does.

From now on in politics and the business world, a woman's sex life and reproductive decisions are fair game.

Thank the Left.

Jedi

C'mon Jedi,

the base of the Right has been dragging this into the discussions ever since the days of the hippies. Don't blame the Left for pointing out to the Right that their "messiah" contradicts everything they have been preaching.

herb
No. of Recommendations: 6
Personally, I'm more interested to find out why she cut spending for special needs children by 62%. Especially in a cash rich state like Alaska.

AW

Or how, she as governor, justifies keeping the $320 million dollars from the US taxpayers despite not building the bridge because it would cost more Alaska dollars to finish it. And then giving those dollars to Alaskans as a dividend. Alaskans who pay no income or sales taxes... I would like to have my dollars back.

Tom
Don't pay him the least bit of attention, he's an idiot.
But it's not the Right claiming to be "enlightened" and "progressive".

But now they've shown to be regressive and misogynists.

The Anita Hill thing did so much for women in the workplace.

Now, the Left has made it fair game for women's clothes, fashion choices, hairstyles, reproductive choices, and marital choices to be fair game when seeking public office or employment.

Too bad....alot of progress is now turned back.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 2

Just stating facts. Lol. I hope you morons keep pushing this kind of stuff because it's going to push John McCain right into the White House.

As I've said before... run with it.

mcemerson, who was conceived out of wedlock

Oh... do you something to say about my mother?

AW

Or how, she as governor, justifies keeping the $320 million dollars from the US taxpayers despite not building the bridge because it would cost more Alaska dollars to finish it. And then giving those dollars to Alaskans as a dividend. Alaskans who pay no income or sales taxes... I would like to have my dollars back.
</ik>

or the true story of the trooper

or the pipeline

or the hockey area

or the Wolf hunt

or the librarian

... probably 37 things more relevant than whether she had pre-marital sex in the 80s

=
... but i love all the *current* sleazy rumors
"Personally, I'm more interested to find out why she cut spending for special needs children by 62%. Especially in a cash rich state like Alaska.

AW
"

More lies from the liberals.
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/04/not-again-palin-slashes...
"Or how, she as governor, justifies keeping the $320 million dollars from the US taxpayers despite not building the bridge"

Wrong, she kept 27 million to build the approach road to the bridge.
Hey, you libs need to do some fact checking before making accusations.
A little googling reveals Tracks birthday as April 20, 1989...less than 8 months after the parents eloped http://celebgalz.com/track-palin-birthday-sarah-palins-son-c......

Why should this fact be addressed? I don't see the relevance to policy. With Bristol's situation you can point to her pro-life stand, or her cutting funding to assist pregnant teens, etc.

Yep, premarital sex should be the first thing to disqualify a person from the job. Way to keep priorities straight.

Keith
"Personally, I'm more interested to find out why she cut spending for special needs children by 62%. Especially in a cash rich state like Alaska.

"

hmmmm 15 recs for spreading a lie. And you think Bush lies?
Why should this fact be addressed? I don't see the relevance to policy. With Bristol's situation you can point to her pro-life stand, or her cutting funding to assist pregnant teens, etc.

I want to know why she changed her position on abstinence. I'd be perfectly fine if she said "Track was conceived before I married Todd and we were fortunate that it turned out great for us. Many families aren't so lucky. I now support abstinence because of a, b & c..."

I doubt we'll hear that, though, because I've grown to expect more of the same "do as I say, not as I do" stance from the right.

-murray
"Yep, premarital sex should be the first thing to disqualify a person from the job. Way to keep priorities straight."

Yeah, just like getting a BJ. Those good old family values...

Personally, I don't really care, but the right wingnuts like James Dobson might: http://forums.houmatoday.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8351034365/m......

-murray

With Friday's revelation that the FDIC is basically broke, and Sunday's revelation of the government takeover of Freddie and Fannie Mac, essentially putting six TRILLION with a T dollars of mortgage debt on the government books, and wiping out 36 BILLION with a B dollars of shareholder value - I really don't care if the 1985 Chicago Bears had a gang bang with Sarah Palin and its all out there on VHS tape.

Let it go - there are REAL issues to be discussed that go beyond Sarah Palin's vagina and who was in when.
Sarah Palin should be essentially irrelevant to this election, but if the frothing insanity that seems to have been whipped up doesn't change maybe she can pull out a win for McCain.

It seems no one is concerned by issues anymore, where Obama is a solid winner.
Yep, premarital sex should be the first thing to disqualify a person from the job. Way to keep priorities straight.

Keith

Speaking of priorities, there are lots of people who had more premarital sex than they did after getting married.

Abe

Anyone have a link for that?

tia~j
Julie, see my post. The accusation is not true. More, it is exactly the opposite.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26967902
maracle,
"It seems no one is concerned by issues anymore, where Obama is a solid winner."

Obama is a liar and a left wing radical. He has done nothing of significance and is unqualified to lead this nation. He is an empty suit with only the words 'hope' and 'change' dribbling from his lips like so much wind. Find hope and change and paint em blue. You would have more luck doing that than having Obama fix anything.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
aspiringfooltobe,
That link was not helpful. Have anything more "solid"? anyone else have facts/verifiable links about Palin's decisions regarding special needs?

Tia ~j
Julie:

I did a Google search and I could not find what I would call a reputable, non-campaign, non-blogging third party source to support or deny the claim either way.

With that said I have to toss into my noise and fury pile.

Maybe I'm lost a bit, but why does this need to be addressed?
Advertisement