No. of Recommendations: 24
Libs fancy themselves and the most understanding, inclusive of all views, and tolerant people on the planet. Yet, when they read something with which they disagree (translation: a truthfull utterence by a conservative), they get their panties in a ringer and go crying to mommy to have such views censored.

I think I've FA'd 1 or 2 posts and that was just to demonstrate that TMF wouldn't remove the post when it said essentially the same thing I did, or used a naughty unpolitically correct word. I FA'd them to learn what a double standard TMF has because they are decidedly liberal, at least the censors are.

But why do the most tolerant people in the world who often crow about being willing to fight for someone's right to say what they think, even if they disgree with it or if it offensive, always run as fast as they can to mommy to have those ideas removed?

I know most conservatives rarely, if ever, FA posts that are far worse than the posts they write.

I know, it's their sandbox, they make the rules, blah, blah, blah.

Oops, just challenging them is likely to get this post FA'd.

So frickin' be it!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Libs = Libertarians

Try and FA my reply to your post. You can not do it! It needs a reason to be FA'd. The only reason is violating Motley Fool rules.

So your arguement is not valid.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Why do the admins accept the FA if your posts are so innocent?
No. of Recommendations: 19
Why do the admins accept the FA

Because they are sworn to protect thin-skinned crybabies who complain. Why do the crybabies have thin skins and why do they complain? I'm betting it's a lack of emotional maturity.
No. of Recommendations: 9
the pa's like defending terrorist organizations, it's the pc thing to do.
I've never FA'ed a post on Fool in my life. I say leave all the incriminating evidence in place for perpetuity, so that future Fools can judge they who were fools.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The only reason is violating Motley Fool rules.
No. of Recommendations: 11
-------------------------------------------
That actually isn't true. I once got FA'd for quoting too much of an article, i posted less the next time, they FA'd it again. I got to the point i quoted 2 sentences and it got FA'd, and no bad language or anything. You make it seem like they're robots, they aren't, they're overemotional liberals that bend over backwards to FA posts of conservatives. They can do what they want, but your post is flat out wrong.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Libs don't. You need to direct yoru question to MF management.

I've had a lot of posts FA'd by the Fool.

I would never FA one iof your posts. They are monumnets to banality.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've only FA'd two posts in my entire TMF career. In both occasions the poster threatened violence. That's my line. Call me names and I'll just filter you, but make threats and I'll FA you.
No. of Recommendations: 31

Even if that were true, it's an absolutely stupid reason. Do you call the police every time you see someone turn without signaling or fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign? I doubt it, even though those are things that can result in death. But if someone says something you don't like, you have no problem with tattling to Mommy Fool like a spoiled little tyrant.

1HF
No. of Recommendations: 5
Even if that were true, it's an absolutely stupid reason. Do you call the police every time you see someone turn without signaling or fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign? I doubt it, even though those are things that can result in death. But if someone says something you don't like, you have no problem with tattling to Mommy Fool like a spoiled little tyrant.

Gawd, I missed this. Don't be a stranger.

1HappyFool
- bashing liberals since 1842
No. of Recommendations: 9
"That actually isn't true. I once got FA'd for quoting too much of an article, i posted less the next time, they FA'd it again. I got to the point i quoted 2 sentences and it got FA'd, and no bad language or anything. You make it seem like they're robots, they aren't, they're overemotional liberals that bend over backwards to FA posts of conservatives. They can do what they want, but your post is flat out wrong." - 2828

LOL! That's funny! They F.A.ed it because they disagreed with it. That's sort of what I did when I F.A.ed two of Galeno's post after 9/11/01 and I was so angry I was ready to turn the whole middle east into a sheet of glass. I think Galeno said something to the effect that the United States got what what they deserved or what was coming to it or something to that effect. I can't remember now what he said but I F.A.ed it just because it pissed me off.

Those are the only two posts I've ever F.A.ed. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't do it; but at that time I was really angry at Islam and Muslims in general. I wanted the Feds to send them all back to wherever the hell they came from.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 0
Gawd, I missed this. Don't be a stranger.

1HappyFool
- bashing liberals since 1842

Hehe. There's not much challenge to it, but it's sanitary to keep the little tykes from wallowing in their own poo.

1HF
FA
FA

A long long way to run?
That actually isn't true. I once got FA'd for quoting too much of an article

==========================

That is just another Motley Fool rule you violated!
Do you call the police every time you see someone turn without signaling or fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign?

==================================

The rules are not about the little stuff. The posts get FA'd for running red lights and reckless driving!
That actually isn't true. I once got FA'd for quoting too much of an article

==========================

---------------------------
Oh gee, that wasn't predictable. A liberal snipping one sentence and totally changing the meaning of the whole post.

Who invited nurse Ratched?
FU

Such a good Christian response.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Oh gee, that wasn't predictable. A liberal snipping one sentence and totally changing the meaning of the whole post.

it is a gift they have. No not the snipping. It is the doing that and still taking themselves seriously.

I still say, God was very kind to them in not giving them the ability to reflect.
Quoted: FU

PSUEngineer wrote: Such a good Christian response.

What does FU have to do with Christianity? Nothing.

From Wiki:

Swearing and cursing are modes of speech existing in all human languages. They perform certain social and psychological functions, and utilize particular linguistic and neurological mechanisms; all these are avenues of research. Functionally similar behavior can be observed in chimpanzees, and may contribute to our understanding, notes New York Times author Natalie Angier.

Angier also notes that swearing is a widespread but perhaps underappreciated anger management technique; that "men generally curse more than women, unless said women are in a sorority, and that university provosts swear more than librarians or the staff members of the university day care center"; and that linguistic research has shown that the physiological reactions of individuals who are proud of their education are similar between exposure to obscene words and exposure to bad grammar.

Profane language is by no means a recent phenomenon. The Bible sometimes uses strong language, such as mention of men who "eat their own dung, and drink their own piss" in the Authorized King James Version of 1611's close translation of Hebrew text of 2 Kings 18:27. Shakespeare is replete with vulgarisms, though many are no longer readily recognized. Even the oldest traces of human writing include swear words.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The rules are not about the little stuff. The posts get FA'd for running red lights and reckless driving!

LOL! Did somebody give you a little paper badge with the words "Ofishul Deputtee Sharif" written in crayon on it? Did they tell you to go out there and report all the rule violators? I happen to know that some of the TMFs are pretty sick and tired of all the liberal thin-skinned crybaby self-appointed censors. It is a selfish choice to stifle the freedom of expression of those who disagree with you. Being a thin-skinned crybaby is no way to earn respect or credibility.

1HF
"FU"
----------------------
"Such a good Christian response." - PSUengineer

--------

I suspicion that is how the verses about going to hell got into the New Testament. People got tired of arguing about whether Jesus really "rose from the dead" after three days and they got angry but instead of just saying "go to hell" they added verses that say "if you don't believe me you're going to hell." It's the saying the same thing. Some monk or scribe that copied down the text was tired of the constant arguing - where someone would say "that's not possible! No one can live after being crucified," and eventually, after constant battling and bickering the monk or scribe essentially just said "Go to Hell!"

And that is how the verses about hell got into the Bible.

Art
Libs don't. You need to direct yoru question to MF management.

I've had a lot of posts FA'd by the Fool.

I would never FA one iof your posts. They are monumnets to banality.

I FA every once in a while just because I find threads like this entertaining. ("wee wee wee... all the way home")
Art wrote: And that is how the verses about hell got into the Bible.

You'd better believe you're right. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk.
It is a selfish choice to stifle the freedom of expression of those who disagree with you.

=====================

Are you following Motley Fool rules? You pledge to do so when to log on to Motley Fool. Now you violate your own pledge. Make you a liar doesn't it.

Yes you should get a ticket by being FA'd.
You'd better believe you're right. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
No. of Recommendations: 12
Are you following Motley Fool rules? You pledge to do so when to log on to Motley Fool. Now you violate your own pledge. Make you a liar doesn't it.

Yes you should get a ticket by being FA'd.

Why didn't you answer my question about the little paper badge? Are you a coward? Why would you appoint yourself to the role of censor? Why wouldn't you just let what other people say remain in the open so that other people can judge it? What are you afraid of?

1HF
Why didn't you answer my question about the little paper badge? Are you a coward? Why would you appoint yourself to the role of censor? Why wouldn't you just let what other people say remain in the open so that other people can judge it? What are you afraid of?

1HF
----------------------------------------------
You gotta love people who go to boards they hate looking to be offended <g>. It's kinda sad when you think of it.

1HF
---------------------------------------------
They will die, DIE damn it!, for your right to speak, even if they don't agree with it........just as long as it doesn't broach fool rules.
You gotta love people who go to boards they hate looking to be offended <g>. It's kinda sad when you think of it.

I swear it's gotta be a netnanny gene.

1HF

it is a gift they have. No not the snipping. It is the doing that and still taking themselves seriously.

I still say, God was very kind to them in not giving them the ability to reflect.

You know what other group lacks the ability to reflect?

Vampires!
I have not FA's anything by you. So I am not your problem. You are your own problem and calling me a coward shows your problem.

You violate rules. So you lash out. Shows you are out of control.
That actually isn't true. I once got FA'd for quoting too much of an article, i posted less the next time, they FA'd it again. I got to the point i quoted 2 sentences and it got FA'd, and no bad language or anything. You make it seem like they're robots, they aren't, they're overemotional liberals that bend over backwards to FA posts of conservatives. They can do what they want, but your post is flat out wrong.

=================================

Show me the thread to your infamous post that got FA'd.
No. of Recommendations: 15
I have not FA's anything by you.

Did I claim you did?

So I am not your problem. You are your own problem and calling me a coward shows your problem.

Where did I call you a coward? It never happened. Jumping to conclusions like that is evidence of a thin skin. And why haven't you answered my questions? Are you some kind of control freak? In an honest discussion, the participants provide honest and relevant answers to the questions they're asked. But not you. Noooooooooooooo. You have to control the discussion, don't you?

You violate rules. So you lash out. Shows you are out of control.

You have zero credibility so your baseless claims about me violating rules, lashing out and being out of control are summarily dismissed as feeble attempts to recover from an ill conceived campaign to justify censorship. Fail. <G>

1HF
jaagu wrote: I have not FA's anything by you. So I am not your problem. You are your own problem and calling me a coward shows your problem. You violate rules. So you lash out. Shows you are out of control.

Isn't there a rock you can crawl back under?
Isn't there a rock you can crawl back under?

============================

This whole board is a rock. See what I found under it - bunch of nasty insects.

Awwwwww. Did you get your widdle feelings hurt?

1HF
Somebody filtered: This whole board is a rock. See what I found under it - bunch of nasty insects

Yet he/she keeps coming back.
Naw - You insects got your feelings hurt.

Seems awfully close to breaking one of the Rules to me. But I'm a heck of a lot more lenient than some I've seen so I'll just let this one go by. I've never FA'd anyone. Is it fun?

RM - likes rocks
"This whole board is a rock. See what I found under it - bunch of nasty insects." - jaagu
-----------------------

Our soul learns something from every person we meet, even the ones we don't like.

In this case I suspicion it's separation......

"Ploink!" <grin!>

Art
Yet he/she keeps coming back.

It's the moth and the flame thing. Y'all burn so bright he/she can't help it. Like a beacon in the night spreading the truth to the ignorant masses.

RM

I really do not get going out of your way to post stuff that makes you look like you are just not very bright.

I know you think you have a point. But, dang, whatever it is, it is intensely dumb and going out of your way to say stuff like this ?

I mean if you clean your parents bathroom upstairs you will at least be doing something productive, and judging by the aim demonstrated through your posts, I am guessing there would be sewage as you seem to prefer to deal in.
No. of Recommendations: 18

Some day, if you're both lucky and smart, you'll commit to providing honest and intelligent answers to questions, to stop trying to control the behavior of others, to stop jumping to conveniently self-serving conclusions, and to a morality of live and let live. If that day ever comes, then your welcome will be greatly increased here, but to give you fair warning, you won't really be a liberal anymore, because liberals don't do any of those.

1HF
I'm thinkin' jaagu is <= 13 years old.
----------------------------------

I take offense at that I was 13 years old once, and I am pretty insulted at any comparison.

Physical age or emotional age? I ask because I've met some people who never lose the sense that it is okay for them to try to silence or control the behavior of others who disagree with them. Some only give up that sense of entitlement when they're on their death bed.

1HF
" I'm thinkin' jaagu is <= 13 years old."

He's one of two people that are greylings here...

t.
My oh my. There is a lot of gray in this thread.

Mike
Advertisement