Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ToesOnTheNose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21960  
Subject: Re: Poll: New to board.. digital or old school Date: 2/18/2004 6:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Why do you say this? If you screw up a photo using film or digital you have mess on your hands. You can have digital developed on an automatic processing machine just like film. The backend work for film versus digital can be the same. People get so caught up in what you can do post processing digital it seems overwhelming, but it's not necessary to get a good photo digitally.
++++

The labs charge more to process digital if they have to screw around with it. With film, they color correct at a certain price, which is built into the price whether they color correct or not. With digital, they offer a really low price if they make no changes, but one little change and the whole thing jumps up in price to above the cost of film processing.

But, you have a good point, I probably haven't looked into it hard enough. If a lab would take my RAW images and make them into 4x6 proofs, at a reasonable price, I'd probably consider it. But, I haven't yet seen that offered at a reasonable price. What I have seen is them charging high prices for what I can do with film for much less.

That's why I say what I say. Either you pay more in money, or you pay more in time. Film still seems easier to me.

Toes
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Online Photos
Yahoo! Groups
(Registration Required)
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement