Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193208  
Subject: Re: What Car do you Drive? Date: 2/2/2013 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why don't they make garages big enough? They should fit the biggest vehicles made and still have room for a work bench in front and to open the doors fully while parked in the garage.

Once summer in the early 80s, we (my brother, parents and myself - I was a teenager) drove out to San Diego (from Colorado) to drive my other brother's 1969 Cougar XR7 with 351 Windsor engine back home to put into storage. We weren't a couple of hours away from his house before it over heated. Blown head gasket. We ended up driving for a few hours, then pulling over and letting it cool down, all the way home. I remember driving late into the evening as it would go farther before over heating. I think it took 4 days to limp it home. We couldn't tow it with the van we drove out with as it didn't have a hitch and they could find one of those bumper to bumper tow thingies to rent.

A few years later my brother and I drove a 1971 BMW Bavaria to California and it broke on the way home in Bakersfield. That time my parents borrowed a friend's van with a hitch and drove out and towed us home.

No more driving trips to California for me anymore!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement