UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tkrlzrd Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 43  
Subject: Why I Didn't "Do It" Date: 6/4/2001 11:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was turned down for the procedure.

That's the bottom line. I put it at the top because, well, I don't know...

After contemplating & checking it out for quite a while & watching the cost of the procedure come down, I'd finally had enough of having to wear "reader" over my contacts...

Went to a fairly large outfit (forgotten the name, & not here to plug, anyway...) they gave me the free eye-exam & I'm thinking this is like a lasix factory, sign up, cursory eye exam, make a date, & whammo, you're done...

Apparently the "cursory" exam is not.

They discovered something my opthomologist had not. Had not found in the 10 (?) years I'd been going...that I have a corneal dystrophy in my right eye.

LSS: That was it. I was out of there...Nothing they could do about it (not their area).

So, I guess until there's a "low cost corneal replacement center", I'll be stacking glasses & seeing halos.

FWIW: Everyone I've talked to that's had the procedure raves about it...nothing but good things to say & thrilled to be able to "see" again.

Good luck with yours.

T.Lizard
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tkrlzrd Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 43
Subject: Re: Why I Didn't "Do It" Date: 6/4/2001 11:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"reader" over my contacts..."

that would be "readers"

previeweditsubmitprevieweditsubmitprevieweditsubmitprevieweditsubmitlizard

Author: MechanicalMethod Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 43
Subject: Re: Why I Didn't "Do It" Date: 4/2/2002 4:46 PM
I have noticed my reading vision isn't as good as it was prior to lasik but I'm not certain it's related.

Author: mcrochip Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29 of 43
Subject: Re: Why I Didn't "Do It" Date: 4/26/2002 10:26 AM
Can you shed some light on what they look for in that 'cursory' exam? I've been giving this procedure some thought, and my insurance actually provides a sort of discount plan to help with it.

Thanks
-Steve

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement