UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757900  
Subject: Why I dislike Florida Date: 10/9/2012 4:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Man dies after winning live roach-eating contest in Florida

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/man_dies_after_wi...

Authorities say the winner of a roach-eating contest in South Florida died shortly after downing dozens of the live bugs as well as worms. The grand prize in Friday night's contest was a live python.

The Broward County sheriff's office says in a news release that it is waiting for an autopsy to give the official cause of death... 32-year-old Edward Archbold became ill soon after winning and collapsed in front of the Ben Siegel Reptile Store where the contest was held. The store is in Deerfield Beach about 40 miles north of Miami. Archbold was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police say several contestants ate insects but no one else became ill.

One of the roaches that Archbold ate must have been past its sell-by date.

It's too bad CSI: Miami was cancelled. This would have made an excellent basis for an episode.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647931 of 757900
Subject: Re: Why I dislike Florida Date: 10/9/2012 4:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Police say several contestants ate insects but no one else became ill

I got ill just thinking about eating cockroaches

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647935 of 757900
Subject: Re: Why I dislike Florida Date: 10/9/2012 5:46 PM

It's too bad CSI: Miami was cancelled. This would have made an excellent basis for an episode.

--fleg

Is LD paying attention since she likes the cockroaches of the sea? <g>

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647936 of 757900
Subject: Re: Why I dislike Florida Date: 10/9/2012 5:51 PM
wolve
I got ill just thinking about eating cockroaches

Same here. Ugg.

Well, the Old Testament mentions that some locusts are kosher.

As part of a 'survival' boy scout campout once, I ate some grasshopper legs. We spent about 24 hours in the Texas bush with nothing to eat except what we could find. It was to hot for the fish to bite in the nearby lake so the only thing we found were grasshappers and ants.

I concluded that the Texas countryside would kill you unless you had a gun to shoot with, which the scout master was unwilling to do for a bunch of 12 year olds. <g>

We all went home hungry. I remember gorging on several bowls of Honeycombs cereal as soon as I got home. <g>

decath

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647949 of 757900
Subject: Re: Why I dislike Florida Date: 10/9/2012 8:12 PM

--fleg

Is LD paying attention since she likes the cockroaches of the sea? <g>

decath

>>>>>>>
He at uncooked worms and cockroaches at a snake shop.....parasite capital of the world!

I think i read that the man was trying to win a snake so he could sell it, he was hard on his luck and now he's dead.

ack!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement