No. of Recommendations: 7
Why is it you never reply to a message inline in the original thread where it belongs? You have some kind of deep need to be seen as the originator of information, even when you are responding. It's anti-social. It's immature. And finally, it's annoying, to everyone, not just to me.

Second, you don't learn about shortcomings of a broker until you take risk and use that broker. There is no a priori basis for understanding that Interactive Brokers commits gross abuses of its fudiciary responsibilities unless you make yourself an Interactive Broker customer. The tooth fairy doesn't appear on your shoulder to announce such wisdom in advance. I'm sure the tooth fairy does appear on your shoulder, because after all you are very special and not subject to normal laws of physics and human learning. But that's just you. Those of us who are human have to take risks, gain real experience, and adjust our behavior to that experience.

I certainly never selected IB for anything based on a commission. The real price you pay for a bond is hidden in the spread and the price of the bond itself. I don't believe the amount of the bond commission amounts to anything. I will going forward certainly move bonds I buy on IB over to ETRADE. The reason to use IB in the first place is because they have good to cancel limit orders for bonds implemented, and I value my time a lot more than I value a commission. Unfortunately, the rule appears to be that "saving my time at time of trade = wasting my time later" and that is very unfortunate.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement