UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137115  
Subject: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/6/2012 1:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Good GardenBunny! Mitt is either too rich or not rich enough.

>> But exactly how wealthy is Romney? The figure that gets tossed around is $250 million in net worth — meaning the total value of his assets, financial and others, minus any debts.

It’s a big number, but frankly, it seems low. Given the industry in which he made his fortune (private equity), the era when he made it (the 1980s and 1990s) and the wealth of his peers in that business (mostly billionaires), Romney should be worth a good bit more than that.

Why isn’t he?

Politically, the alternatives are not great. If he were perceived as the first real billionaire to run for president, it would only exacerbate popular doubts about how someone living so removed from the concerns of average Americans — or even just 47 percent of them — could effectively represent them.

And if he is not a billionaire, doesn’t it suggest that he was not a great private-equity investor after all, thus torpedoing his claim to understand how to create jobs and get the economy back on track? <<
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitt-romney-is-worth-...

D@mned if he is or isn't.

arrete - next I expect a story on how evil Mitt is because he has Cheerios for breakfast, but if he had eggs instead, he'd still be evil because he wasn't having Cheerios.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106942 of 137115
Subject: Re: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/6/2012 3:39 PM
Recommendations: 0
Funny how conservatives refuse to vote for Warren Buffett, who is a billionaire, buys based on value (not price), lives in a normal house, and doesn't interfere with the beliefs of others.

Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106945 of 137115
Subject: Re: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/6/2012 4:24 PM
Recommendations: 1
if he had eggs instead, he'd still be evil because he wasn't having Cheerios.

If he had eggs instead, they'd say he was having fantasies about Big Bird.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106949 of 137115
Subject: Re: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/6/2012 9:18 PM
Funny how conservatives refuse to vote for Warren Buffett, who is a billionaire, buys based on value (not price), lives in a normal house, and doesn't interfere with the beliefs of others.
----------------

??? When did Warren Buffett run for office that I could have voted for?

arrete

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106952 of 137115
Subject: Re: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/6/2012 10:10 PM
When did Warren Buffett run for office that I could have voted for?

Warren knows the difference between running a business and running a govt. Based on their "business philosophy", conservatives should have unanimously drafted him to run in 2000 (or earlier).

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106973 of 137115
Subject: Re: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/7/2012 5:43 PM
Warren knows the difference between running a business and running a govt. Based on their "business philosophy", conservatives should have unanimously drafted him to run in 2000 (or earlier).

- The problem is that Obama knows neither.

- Conservatives wouldn't want somebody to "run" the government (as Liberals would like Obama to); they would prefer a leader who can get theings accomplished and work with either party.

- What does Warren know about running a government.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106983 of 137115
Subject: Re: Why is Mitt worth so little Date: 10/7/2012 11:32 PM
What does Warren know about running a government.

He knows running govt is NOT like running business. Business is pure "top down". What mgmt says gets done. That is not how govt works.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement