UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734363  
Subject: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/11/2013 9:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-defendi...

When Rep. Todd Akin made his outrageous comments about “legitimate rape” it was front page news — and rightly so. But when a representative of Planned Parenthood is caught on camera defending infanticide, it merits barely a mention in the mainstream media.

Testifying against a Florida bill that would require abortionists to provide emergency medical care to an infant who survives an abortion, Planned Parenthood lobbyist Alisa LaPolt Snow was asked point blank: “If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?” She replied: “We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.”

Jaws in the committee room dropped. Asked again, she repeated her answer.

Only after a firestorm erupted in the conservative media did Planned Parenthood issued a statement that in the “extremely unlikely and highly unusual” event that a baby were born alive it would “provide appropriate care to both the woman and the infant.” That is debatable, since a Planned Parenthood counselor has been caught on tape admitting that the organization leaves infants born alive after an abortion to die. But if Planned Parenthood really does provide such care, why was it lobbying against a bill requiring such care in the first place?
-------------------------------------------------------
It's pretty obvious they're lying, if you saw the testimony you'd see the PP spokesperson beeboppin' and scattin' all over the place. I'm pro-choice, but i draw the line before they do. I don't think the gov't should be in this business.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: OverTheHump Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677391 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/11/2013 10:28 AM
Recommendations: 1
Planned Parenthood=Murder Incorporated. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind abortion, particularly when we're dealing with unwed, uneducated, unemployed women. But intentional killing is intentional killing, no two ways about it.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677397 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/11/2013 10:56 AM
Recommendations: 0
Planned Parenthood=Murder Incorporated. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind abortion, particularly when we're dealing with unwed, uneducated, unemployed women.

Geez, even the nutjobs from PP only kill for the first few minutes after live birth. 20 plus years I am guessing would be a bit much even for them, unless of course the unwed, uneducated, unemployed women was a conservative

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677414 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/11/2013 12:14 PM
Recommendations: 6
"I'm pro-choice, but I draw the line before they do"

I'm a pro-actively pro-choice conservative who draws the line even earlier.
My wife and I wanted a child, but only one. After our child was born healthy,
I simply had a vasectomy, thus bypassing any possibility of gut-wrenching future decisions.

~aj

Author: justacog Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677504 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 9:15 AM
Recommendations: 1
Only after a firestorm erupted in the conservative media did Planned Parenthood issued a statement that in the “extremely unlikely and highly unusual” event that a baby were born alive it would “provide appropriate care to both the woman and the infant.” That is debatable, since a Planned Parenthood counselor has been caught on tape admitting that the organization leaves infants born alive after an abortion to die. But if Planned Parenthood really does provide such care, why was it lobbying against a bill requiring such care in the first place?

Silly rabbit. Planned Parenthood's definition of "appropriate care" in such situations is to smash the baby's skull in with a rock. A sterile rock of course; wouldn't want to violate any FDA/AMA regulations.

justacog

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677531 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 12:40 PM
Recommendations: 0
"Silly rabbit. Planned Parenthood's definition of "appropriate care" in such situations is to smash the baby's skull in with a rock. A sterile rock of course; wouldn't want to violate any FDA/AMA regulations." -
justacog

-------------

Actually, from the article I read, if they are born alive they snip in two at the base of the skull which "turns off" all the signal to breath, etc.

If they want to kill the infant in-utero they poke a whole in the baby's skull and suck out it's brain.

Rock, paper, scissors.... in this case I guess scissors wins. That or a vacuum hose.

Art

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677535 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 2
Actually, from the article I read, if they are born alive they snip in two at the base of the skull which "turns off" all the signal to breath, etc.
-------------------------------------------------
I agree with this:

http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/12/can-you-imagine-the-cover...

Can You Imagine the Coverage If It Were Dogs?

Had Kermit Gosnell killed dogs, HLN would be giving it wall to wall coverage as they do all sorts of sensational trials. Nancy Grace would be in full outrage mode every night through the course of the trial. It’s sad that a man who engaged in horrific acts of barbarism will never be as known to the public as Casey Anthony or George Zimmerman because Gosnell’s crime is viewed as less than a crime by the vast majority of the producers of American news.
------------------------------------------------------
I really believe there would be more outrage if it were dogs.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677538 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 12:56 PM
I really believe there would be more outrage if it were dogs.

You know how SNL does political humor? I mean they really took Palin to task, that was funny stuff.

Anything current.

I think a new Father Guido Sarducci selling instant embryo remover, taking a fetus and snipping it with a cigar cutter would be just about their speed.

And yes, this is IMO how they do it, and were they a way to hit conservatives they would have not a second's hesitation of being this obscene.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677562 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 5:09 PM
life is all about change...

I was out and about and heard my name several times, it was noisy and I couldn't figure out where the person was and then I turned and there was an old friend of mine from yrs. ago, with a little girl and her sister. I gave her a big hug and said hello to her daughter. She's almost 3 yrs. old, one of those surprise babies. My friend is 47. I hadn't seen them in a long time. We used to hang out all the time and then something happened and there was a break.

Anyway, she grew up in a fundamentalist Baptist church and went to Bob Jones University....very strict. In our conversations, I had shared I was pro-choice and later on, she told me that she was absolutely against it, it's murder....condoms, birth control pills okay, but abortion was out of the question.

Well, as we caught up with each other, I asked about her other daughter, who is in the 11th grade. She's pregnant and due in July. She's not married. She would sneak her boyfriend in her house at night. Oh gosh, I sympathized with her. She said she could understand now why women would consider abortion at these times. Here they have a young girl, no job, not even graduated from high school, what prospects does she have to raise the child? THe prospect is her parents now. She said that her daughter is saying she wants to keep the child. My heart goes out to all of them.

My thinking has always been that it's a horrible thing to do and the woman suffers either way, with having a child she can't support to having an abortion and the reality of what that means.

My friend says now that she's sorry that she judged all those people in the past who had or considered having abortions. You never know until it hits you personally.

LuckyDog

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677563 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 5:18 PM
Recommendations: 4
My thinking has always been that it's a horrible thing to do and the woman suffers either way, with having a child she can't support to having an abortion and the reality of what that means.

My friend says now that she's sorry that she judged all those people in the past who had or considered having abortions. You never know until it hits you personally.
----------------------------------------------------
I'm pro-choice, but geez, the stuff i'm hearing about is barbaric, and it's almost celebrated in some circles. I'm like Artimus in that i see it as kind of a necessary evil, but giving out awards and not covering a story because it might cause some people to maybe see the truth bothers me:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345425/kermit-gosnell-n...

The horrible truth that the National Abortion Federation or Planned Parenthood or any other abortion apologist wants to hide is that Kermit Gosnell is not an outlier. Earlier this year, a 29-year-old kindergarten teacher died when “something went wrong” with an abortion of her unborn child. The woman was reportedly 33 weeks pregnant. And the doctor who performed this abortion, a full two months after the 24-week viability line, was the celebrated — and I do mean celebrated — Dr. Leroy Carhart. Dr. Carhart is the chap who bravely fought both the Nebraska and federal ban on “so-called” “partial birth abortion” — you have to use scare quotes you know. Carhart expanded his practice into Maryland a few years back in order to bring his specialty — killing babies well after the point that they could live separate from their mothers — to a larger, more diverse population than his old mid-west practice.

No one in the mainstream media cried for that woman’s death. But a Washington Post columnist did write about the unspeakable invasion of privacy that befell the now-dead woman when pro-life activists expressed public concern about her passing: “The protesters are exploiting this woman’s death and making other women think that their privacy is never truly protected when they seek an abortion.” I guess fighting for the protections of HIPAA for the deceased victims of botched late-term abortions is truly keeping the eye on the ball.

There’s very little difference between what Carhart does on a regular basis and what Kermit Gosnell stands on trial for. In one federal trial on the federal partial-birth-abortion ban, one abortionist testified (under a court-imposed cloak of anonymity) that his regular practice in late-term abortions was to decapitate a partially born child. So the horrors of what Jonah rightly called Gosnell’s “abattoir” should come as no surprise to those who have been paying attention.

As Kirsten Powers noted in her must-read USA Today column, whether Kermit Gosnell “was killing the infants one second after they left the womb instead of partially inside or completely inside the womb — as in a routine late-term abortion — is merely a matter of geography. That one is murder and the other is a legal procedure is morally irreconcilable.” And indeed, it should come as no surprise that moral “ethicists” have argued that if in utero abortion is legal, what on earth could possibly be wrong with “after-birth abortion?” Gosnell’s trial only exposes the callousness that goes along with this line of thinking.

Yet the Constitution is said by abortion apologists to protect this butchery. And while the pro-abortion industry appears embarrassed by the Gosnell trial, they’ve held Carhart up as their hero. Carhart was awarded the 2009 William K. Rashbaum, MD, Abortion Provider Award by Physicians for Reproductive Health — because there’s nothing like dying on the table to advance a woman’s health. Oh, and NARAL Pro-Choice America (which no longer stands for National Abortion Rights Action League, given that some people might think that name icky) gave him its Hero Award in the same year.
--------------------------------------------------------
Report and let people decide for themselves where they are.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677564 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/12/2013 5:38 PM
it may be 2828....I know I would be unable to kill anything myself....animals, I've tried before years and years ago, when I came across a bird who was flopping around, a pigeon, poor thing...I tried and then an old man came walking by and he said he'd take care of it. I've taken another bird and a little puppy who had been hit on the road to a vet where he euthanized them.

Slaughterhouses are murder house, no way in heck I could do that job, it would strip me of all emotion to do that job. I'd have to be starving to kill something and even then, I'm not so sure but I'm old enough to say, never say never. Look for videos on slaughterhouses and even feed lot to see the downer cows.....it will tear you right up. It's all horrendous...killing that is.

I make it a point to not think about those things when I eat. Plus, I'm extremely grateful that I never became pregnant....I was one lucky dog.

LuckyDog

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677605 of 734363
Subject: Re: Why Me No Likey Planned Parenthood Date: 4/13/2013 2:44 AM
Recommendations: 3
I'm pro-choice, but i draw the line before they do.

Me too. From what I've read, many (perhaps most) of these cases are barely-premature infants, being deliberately killed after birth.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement