UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: shotzongoal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137196  
Subject: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 8:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 28
Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable

A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why.

So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikablility."

Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:
1. Drop-dead handsome with gracious, statesman-like aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn.
9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money all by HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad.
Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans.
My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?
Personal Information:
His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they five children.
Education:
B.A. from Brigham Young University,
J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
Working Background:
After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States.
In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.

Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, BBBrookstone Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply and many others.
He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.
He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income. Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.

Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
He will show us his birth certificate.
He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
He will show us his social security card.
He will show us his law degree.
He will show us his draft notice.
He will show us his medical records.
He will show us he has nothing to hide.

Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.

I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.
But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106967 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 9:14 AM
Recommendations: 2
But he ties his dogs to the roof of his car, teased someone in 3rd Grade, gives women cancer, and wants to steal their birth control.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106968 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 9:25 AM
Recommendations: 1
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money all by HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad.

I'd love to see Mitt Politic this one in one of the debates when Obama tries to attack him on this and he ill

something like

President Obama, most of your criticism of me is quite easy to refute. I can not disagree that I think Americans are extraordinary as is America. As far as ordinary, I wish the result of the last 4 years had been close to ordinary, exceptional America has always recovered faster than we have under your policies and we have had problems before by the way

Believing Americans are extraordinary permeates my every thought, I can not relate to ordinary Americans, as I believe we have been and are an extraordinary people, I will leave it to you to strive for ordinary Mr President

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106969 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 9:33 AM
Recommendations: 0
But he ties his dogs to the roof of his car, teased someone in 3rd Grade, gives women cancer, and wants to steal their birth control.

Screw all that, the man is barely human.

He has never hugged his sanitation worker!

I can't even imagine not giving a quick smooch to the guys that collect my trash. I mean, with me and the boys, heck if I am not out there they knock on the door and the 3 of them give me an admonishing 'Did you forget something' and I go out and give them a big ole' hug.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106971 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 11:58 AM
He will show us he has nothing to hide.

Except most of his tax and other records 1990-present.

He will show us his birth certificate.

He will show a COPY of what he claims is his birth certificate. Mitt is a Mexican national (did you know that fact?).

Obama showed a copy of his birth certificate.

So it will be fun to watch Orly Taitz go after Romney for not being eligible to serve as POTUS (just as she went after Obama). Oh my !!! LOL !

At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.

Mormon. Mexican. Mexican again. Their family was (and still is) on *welfare*--and much more so than most welfare queens. Which means you respect welfare queens who mooch off the govt.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106972 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 5:20 PM
Recommendations: 4
At least I know and that he won't practice fiscal irresponsibility.

Except when he sent American jobs overseas, borrowed money from the government to keep Bain afloat, paid back only a fraction of it and then stuck taxpayers with the bill.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106975 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 6:08 PM
Recommendations: 19
Except when he sent American jobs overseas, borrowed money from the government to keep Bain afloat, paid back only a fraction of it and then stuck taxpayers with the bill.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

On the subject of no idea what you are talking about....

Romney was involved in the Restructuring of Bain & Company - from which Bain Capital was spun off. He helped to fix the problem, was very tough on them and no taxpayer money was used.

Now you can listen to Biden and Cutter or you can read the facts.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/fact-checking-j...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/did-mi...

On the topic of shipping jobs overseas, Romney has said that he has used "offshoring" of jobs. On the othe hand, so has Obama, as President. However, only one of them has a successful track record in business.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106977 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/7/2012 6:22 PM
You Lie!

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106984 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 12:21 AM
Romney was involved in the Restructuring of Bain & Company - from which Bain Capital was spun off. He helped to fix the problem, was very tough on them and no taxpayer money was used.

When banks are stuck with the bill, they pass it along to customers who happen to be taxpayers. So as I said, the taxpayers were ultimately stuck with the bill.

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106986 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 2:17 AM
Recommendations: 3
pla·gia·rism
[pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] noun

1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagiarism

So....shotzongoal....did you forget to cite your source? Or did you write up that whole list all by yourself?

Jack

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107043 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 3:09 PM
Plus, he agrees with everybody:

http://www.roboromney.com/

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107046 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 4:56 PM
When banks are stuck with the bill, they pass it along to customers who happen to be taxpayers. So as I said, the taxpayers were ultimately stuck with the bill.

You said a lot more than that, most of it incorect.

Also, you are a party of one who thinks the taxpayers got stuck with the bill.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107058 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 6:17 PM
---------
You said a lot more than that, most of it incorect.

Actually, all of it was correct.

Also, you are a party of one who thinks the taxpayers got stuck with the bill.

This is a lie, pure and simple. What I posted was factual. You're embarrassed that your falsehoods were defeated yet again, which is understandable. Perhaps you could post truthful statements in the future.

Author: drebbin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107059 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 6:20 PM
Anybody know where to get some trumpet lessons for my friend in Arizona? Thanks in advance.

-Kurt

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107060 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 6:25 PM
Anybody know where to get some trumpet lessons for my friend in Arizona?

He'd be better served saving up his money to buy a clue.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107061 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 6:39 PM
Recommendations: 2
< Perhaps you could post truthful statements in the future. >

Perhaps you could for once back up your opinions with proof form a reliable source other than a librul blog.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107062 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 6:43 PM
Perhaps you could for once back up your opinions with proof form a reliable source other than a librul blog.

I posted facts, not opinions.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107064 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/8/2012 6:52 PM
Back them up with proof or STFU

FMNH is such a liar, he could be an Obama clone.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107077 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/9/2012 5:55 AM
Back them up with proof or STFU

Hey back off, All evidence points to the use of 120 proof for a good long time, whadda ya want from the guy?

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107159 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/9/2012 8:25 PM
This is a lie, pure and simple. What I posted was factual. You're embarrassed that your falsehoods were defeated yet again, which is understandable. Perhaps you could post truthful statements in the future.

New Left leadoff "you lie"....meaningless as usual.

If you can read, which is doubtful, the links I posted gave a much better explanation of the facts than your biased opinions.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107167 of 137196
Subject: Re: Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable Date: 10/9/2012 10:19 PM
You have posted NOTHING to backup you so called facts - Post definitive information backing up you so called facts or stop posting lies.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement