Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dragoncello One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63888  
Subject: why no MF newsletter in Canada? Date: 10/29/2012 4:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Simple question - why there are Motley Fool services in Australia and the UK, but none in Canada? Has it not occurred to the powers that be at MF HQ that there is a market for it? Canada has a population nearly 50% greater than Australia, the market cap of the TSX is not much less than the LSE, and there are MF staffers in Canada. I would be very interested in subscribing to a Canadian MF newsletter. Has this not been thought of, or tried, before?

Alternatively, any Canadian Fools that could recommend a stock-picking newsletter (non MF) in Canada?

Thanks much.

-Dragoncello
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63045 of 63888
Subject: Re: why no MF newsletter in Canada? Date: 10/29/2012 5:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dragon

You may have to ask the people with stupid looking hats that "Simple question"?

Tim

Author: ByrneShill Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63047 of 63888
Subject: Re: why no MF newsletter in Canada? Date: 10/30/2012 2:09 PM
Canadians still haven't figured out that 3% expense ratios on mutual funds is a robbery, why would they read a stock newsletter?

Author: StubbleJumper Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63048 of 63888
Subject: Re: why no MF newsletter in Canada? Date: 10/30/2012 3:33 PM
With so many of our largest companies being interlisted on the NYSE or NASDAQ, there's not much point in a Canada newsletter.... It would effectively be a Canada small-caps letter and I'd be embarrassed to see that.

SJ

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63050 of 63888
Subject: Re: why no MF newsletter in Canada? Date: 10/31/2012 8:10 AM
Alternatively, any Canadian Fools that could recommend a stock-picking newsletter (non MF) in Canada?

Thanks much.

-Dragoncello

I have no idea what your interests are, I receive a free daily email (David Pescod's Late Edition) from these people mostly touting small cap resources stocks. In truth I enjoy the Deb's Ditties and occasionally play the small mining and energy guys.

The guys in dorky hats have a long standing adversity to Canuck stocks, I've always suspected they got caught up in the BreX scandal and never got over it. }};-D

Tim

If interested you can pop an email off to debbie and ask her to add you to the list. I've heard they don't send it to US email addresses anymore?

Debbie Lewis
Investment Advisor Assistant
Canaccord Wealth Management
Suite 2700 Manulife Place
Edmonton, AB T5J 3S4

Toll Free: (1-877-409-1750)
Phone: (780) 408-1748
Fax: (780) 408-1501

debbie.lewis@canaccord.com

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement