UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 464868  
Subject: Why no politics Date: 2/24/2013 1:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 92
I think Wendy deserves even more credit than she gets for her (mostly thankless) efforts to chide posters who violate the METAR no politics standards.

I note that one of the "best of" posts today had this to say about their board:

This used to be a pretty amazing NPI stock board. There was amazing stock analysis, trend analysis, technology analysis. Really deep analysis and insight. It deteriorated into an orgy of political diatribes, where people just could not resist posting whatever they wanted to support their points of view. For years, people put up with it. But over time, good posters (think of the Mike Buckleys of this world, among others) had enough and left.

and then followed up with this:

After months of posting ludicrous Romney and Obama posts....(and then)* they were gone....
And in their wake, the board died. Not because no-one had stuff to stay about stocks. But because the spirit of the board was ruined by people's obsessive-compulsive inability to control themselves - act like reasonable responsible adults and deteriorate into the offensive ranting of children having perpetual temper tantrums.

http://boards.fool.com/tragedy-of-the-commons-30558376.aspx
*[I edited out the more slanted commentary, because the point was that political wrangling drove off the quality posters who could not stand the noise to signal ratio any longer (an all too familiar theme it seems)]

I'm most grateful for Wendy's efforts. Because of them we have one of the most interesting boards on the net.

Poz
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416604 of 464868
Subject: Re: Why no politics Date: 2/24/2013 1:50 PM
Recommendations: 3
I wished she could "patrol" my other boards as well. The political bantering is oh so pointless and wearing.

life is way too short.

Thanks Wendy!

Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416635 of 464868
Subject: Re: Why no politics Date: 2/25/2013 12:02 AM
Recommendations: 8
<I think Wendy deserves even more credit than she gets for her (mostly thankless) efforts to chide posters who violate the METAR no politics standards.>

Thank you so much, Poz! You have warmed my day :-).

Wendy

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416647 of 464868
Subject: Re: Why no politics Date: 2/25/2013 8:03 AM
Recommendations: 2
<I think Wendy deserves even more credit than she gets for her (mostly thankless) efforts to chide posters who violate the METAR no politics standards.>

Thank you so much, Poz! You have warmed my day :-).

Hear, hear, I think we should chip in and buy her a much larger whip... perhaps a flame thrower? }};-D

Any <t'wern't me I'm innocent I want my lawyer> mouse

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/candace-bailey-shows-off-h...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/...

Author: qazulight Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416648 of 464868
Subject: Re: Why no politics Date: 2/25/2013 8:09 AM
Recommendations: 0
Hear, hear, I think we should chip in and buy her a much larger whip... perhaps a flame thrower? }};-D

I don't know about what to get, but we probably all should all bring it to her in person in August, I heard she has a guess room and non-existent summers.

Cheers
Qazulight

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement