UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Maraith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 790  
Subject: Why stay AKAM? Date: 3/30/2007 3:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am reviewing my stocks and wondering what people think of Akamai for the long term? I purchased right after 9/11 in an emotional desire to support the company. I have made money, no doubt, on my purchase. Now I'm wondering, given how quiet this Board is and in general the company, what the reasons are that I should say in. What makes you keep investing?

Mara
Print the post Back To Top
Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 782 of 790
Subject: Re: Why stay AKAM? Date: 3/30/2007 4:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Mara,

I am holding.

I believe this stock is too highly valued. In the event the market goes down, this stock will tank.

I don't like the very high break even point for Akamai.
Every $1 million in revenues requires a lot of hard work.

Author: Maraith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 783 of 790
Subject: Re: Why stay AKAM? Date: 3/30/2007 4:57 PM
>>I believe this stock is too highly valued. In the event the market goes down, this stock will tank.<<

Then why are you holding? Not challenging you, wanting to understand.

Mara

Author: 0xF00L Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 785 of 790
Subject: Re: Why stay AKAM? Date: 3/30/2007 7:49 PM
Now I'm wondering, given how quiet this Board is and in general the company, what the reasons are that I should say in

Well the bulk of AKAM discussion now appears on the stock board, as opposed to the
community board. As new Fool's appear they are more likely to end up on the stock
board, so that is probably a good thing.

0xF00L

Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 786 of 790
Subject: Re: Why stay AKAM? Date: 3/31/2007 1:00 PM
My average price is around $5.

the stock may tank all the way to $15 or $10 but not below my cost therefore I can be very patient as I have an investment outlook of 20 years or more.

Author: Maraith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 787 of 790
Subject: Re: Why stay AKAM? Date: 3/31/2007 8:37 PM
>>Well the bulk of AKAM discussion now appears on the stock board, as opposed to the
community board.<<

Somehow I missed that there was a stock board again. Duh. Thanks.

Mara

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement