UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ToddlerMom Big red star, 1000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: Why the Plunge? Date: 9/29/1998 1:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have information pointing to the current plunge in the price of THI ?

Thanks for any insight!

GA
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SonarMan One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 15
Subject: Re: Why the Plunge? Date: 10/27/1998 9:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
No answer on last month's plunge, but this month's rally looks great. I bought in THI @ 11 1/8. I think it's undervalued and has plenty of up side from here.

Author: dbollig Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 15
Subject: Re: Why the Plunge? Date: 10/27/1998 9:42 PM
yeah I got in at 6.75, the only problem is the year was 1991 and I saw 35 at one time (this year) it is a killer but I will remain, probably through stupidity. I am not a fool as I hate to run numbers and probably shouldn't be in individual stocks but what the heh, life is short.

Author: pjax Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 15
Subject: Re: Why the Plunge? Date: 11/2/1998 3:57 PM
i am in a stock club and we bought thi at it's near high. this plunge was a killer, but we bought more! at 11.00 and are looking forward to the upswing. all of our research says buy, so I did personally, too!!!

Author: efaragon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 15
Subject: Re: Why the Plunge? Date: 3/22/1999 10:28 PM
I am beginning to be leery of the BI picks.

No postings here in months, has everyone dumped and gone on?

Author: quietwater Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 15
Subject: Re: Why the Plunge? Date: 3/25/2000 9:18 AM
No explaination, but know the company strategy: They are 'spinning in' all the companies and divisions that have been 'spun out' as individual companies over the last several years. Reason: Most investors cannot understand the complex structure of the company, and are Foolishly avoiding buying what they cannot understand. THI will, by the end of the year, disappear into a new Thermo Electron.

I think the reorganization has much merit, and will pay off in the long run. Hang in and prosper!

See www.thermo.com for details.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement