Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: pajac Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 631  
Subject: Why the run up?? Date: 1/15/2002 1:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I believe KEI was way oversold given their earnings and good balance sheet. They also recently announced some new developments in semiconductor mfg testing and measurement that will help the big guys like INTEL improve QC and hasten manufacturing.

I think one of their biggest advantages is that by have a strong connection with the academic and commercial R&D community, they're on the cutting edge of new applications down the road and so they can stay ahead of the competition in designing and manufacturing new and improved test and measurment equip. That's why they had such a tremendous run-up when the fiber optic 'bubble' started to expand in 99/00. They were the first to market with specially designed ultra low voltage measurement systems for the amplifiers that are needed on long-haul fiber optic lines.

I have a PhD friend who's an engineer specializing in micro electromechanical motors. He says that Keithley makes superior equipment, highly regarded in the engineering profession.

Let's hope they have a positive earnings report on Feb 22. Have a nice day.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement