UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740385  
Subject: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/1/2012 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
Why We Should All Be Conservative Now

"It’s very ironic to me that two of the cultures I run around in vote Democratic when they run to the polling box. Wall Street is loaded with Democrats and I don’t know if it’s because they feel so much guilt from ripping off their customers or if they think they can extract money out of government through making it larger.

Silicon Valley and the environs that seek to replicate it are similar. Ironically, the entrepreneurial culture is one that is agnostic when it comes to gender, race, sexual orientation and all the other things the Democratic party seeks to divide us by. Entrepreneurs are merit based. Build a great product, you’ll get some money to fund it, and customers don’t care how many tattoos you have if it works.

I have said that in cities, and the cultures that I run in, it’s much easier to be gay than a conservative. I am not the only one. In the Weekend Interview, Harvey Mansfield makes my point and expounds on it. He also adds some tips on how conservatives should present their case, and think about the base precepts of where it comes from. The whole interview is a stimulating read for conservatives and liberals alike. Entitled, The Crisis of American Self Government, he hits many nails on the head.

-------------------------------

Mansfield correctly points out, “The threat to self-government is clear. “The American founders wanted people to live under the Constitution,” Mr. Mansfield says. “But the progressives want the Constitution to live under the American people.”

http://pointsandfigures.com/2012/12/01/17718/

The Constitution just gets in the way of the prosperity that would result from giving liberals absolute power over our lives.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657684 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/1/2012 2:18 PM
Recommendations: 6
"The best way to help the poor is to make them uncomfortable in their poverty." ~Thomas Jefferson

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657775 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 8:21 AM
Recommendations: 5
Wall Street is loaded with Democrats and I don’t know if it’s because they feel so much guilt from ripping off their customers or if they think they can extract money out of government through making it larger.

Silicon Valley and the environs that seek to replicate it are similar.

Just a thought:

Perhaps a small part of the reason (nose in the door, so to speak) is that they don't want to be associated politically or otherwise with people such as Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Mourdock and Akin, Grover, Carl Rove and many others. They don't want to go to a cocktail party (no matter what fancy name it goes by now) and have their friends laugh about the world being 6,000 years old. Remember when there were a dozen or so candidates trying out for the Rep nomination and they were asked who believed in evolution? Remember? Nobody raised a hand. Or perhaps the question was asked in such a way that everybody raised a hand. Anyway, the result was that NOBODY believed in evolution.

These Wall St. and Silicone Valley guys don't want their friends and business associates laughing at them about the party's stone age views on evolution, contraceptives, global warming, stem cells, etc.

That stone age stuff works with your base but it doesn't work with the rest of the world.

And, btw, I know that you know a couple of people with PhDs who agree with Glenn Beck on everything. That doesn't change anything.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657776 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 8:45 AM
Recommendations: 0
The Constitution just gets in the way of the prosperity that would result from giving liberals absolute power over our lives.

Obama's twisted view of the Constitution which drives everything he does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jr9mLB3yKs

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657782 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 9:53 AM
Recommendations: 2
These Wall St. and Silicone Valley guys don't want their friends and business associates laughing at them about the party's stone age views on evolution, contraceptives, global warming, stem cells, etc.

That stone age stuff works with your base but it doesn't work with the rest of the world.

And yet they are find in being associated with folks who urinate on cop cars, defecate openly in parks and rape women at their sleep ins.

No accounting for taste I guess

Yeah, yeah yeah, I know the extreme losers on one side have nothing to do with Dems and define Republicans

SSDD

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657784 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 10:26 AM
Recommendations: 3

And yet they are find in being associated with folks who urinate on cop cars, defecate openly in parks and rape women at their sleep ins.

No accounting for taste I guess

Yeah, yeah yeah, I know the extreme losers on one side have nothing to do with Dems and define Republicans

SSDD
----------------------------
When i vote my top priorities are what are the candidates views on:

1) Free contraception
2) Abortion
3) Global Warming
4) Evolution

my views on less important things come much much later.

321) The Economy
562) The Deficit
1093) The Debt
2763) The implosion of entitlements.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657785 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 10:31 AM
Recommendations: 1
When i vote my top priorities are what are the candidates views on

1. The crease in his pants

2. Clean and articulate?

3. Is he truly Eye Candy?

4. General all-around coolness

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657786 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 10:34 AM
When i vote my top priorities are what are the candidates views on:

1) Free contraception
2) Abortion
3) Global Warming
4) Evolution

my views on less important things come much much later.

321) The Economy
562) The Deficit
1093) The Debt
2763) The implosion of entitlements.

Yes, I understand, I too have simplified my criteria.

1) Who is more likely to legalize marijuana

2 --- errrghhhh I forgot

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657790 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 10:47 AM
Recommendations: 10
FoolishWaldo wrote: That stone age stuff works with your base but it doesn't work with the rest of the world.

The other delusional thing about libruls is that they think the positions they hold are held by "the rest of the world."

Author: CM001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657792 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 11:25 AM
Ironically, the entrepreneurial culture is one that is agnostic when it comes to gender, race, sexual orientation and all the other things the Democratic party seeks to divide us by.

Isn't it not Karl Rove, and conservatives who made "gay marriage" and "abortion" the main issues to fire the base and drive them to polls with success?

Karl Rove and Republicans invevented the play book on that and of course "Swift Boat" too. It served them well in 2 or 3 election cycles.

For all those who claim, Obama is dump v Romney is smart, Obama campaign had copied and played Karl Rove playbook very well, right? It is no secret the Obama's get out the vote (and especially their technology, including polling and data sampling) were much better than the one on the Mitt's side.

The problem with the conservative movement is, they are merely blaming, whining, instead putting forth new ideas.

On a separate note, I liked when Rand Paul stood up to Sen. Graham on "crazy Bast#erds". I hope he also talks about "Drone killing" too and bring the presidential power grab to indiscriminately kill people.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657795 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 11:54 AM
sn't it not Karl Rove, and conservatives who made "gay marriage" and "abortion" the main issues to fire the base and drive them to polls with success?

That is absurd

Gay marriage is an issue. Republicans hate gays is BS

Abortion is an issue, Republicans hate women is BS

The Republicans are not angelic, but there is nothing they have done that compares to the Dems creating a class based and hatred based politics. A politics that includes enemy lists from the WH and outright attacks on various groups

You can lie all you want about it, and do all the false equivalence your little(and I do trust it is quite small) heart desires, it does not make it so

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657796 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 12:02 PM
FoolishWaldo wrote: That stone age stuff works with your base but it doesn't work with the rest of the world.
---------
The other delusional thing about libruls is that they think the positions they hold are held by "the rest of the world."

Anyone who believes in Genesis is an idiot.

Author: CM001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657798 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 12:22 PM
That is absurd

Gay marriage is an issue. Republicans hate gays is BS

Abortion is an issue, Republicans hate women is BS

Hahaha. I said main issues and never said they were not issues. Also, your assertion of Republicans is perhaps a freudian slip?

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657810 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 2:17 PM
Recommendations: 2
"It’s very ironic to me that two of the cultures I run around in vote Democratic when they run to the polling box. Wall Street is loaded with Democrats and I don’t know if it’s because they feel so much guilt from ripping off their customers or if they think they can extract money out of government through making it larger.

Did you ever notice that Wall Street is located in New York, and a lot of Jews work on Wall Street? Regardless of the lip service Republicans pay to supporting Israel, most Jews would never vote Republican because of:
1. The GOP's consistently dismal record on civil rights issues.
2. The GOP's unholy alliance with the Christian Coalition-type groups.
3. Jews value education, many of them work in education, and mostly send their kids to public schools. Republicans keep bashing education, and those who work there.

Silicon Valley and the environs that seek to replicate it are similar. Ironically, the entrepreneurial culture is one that is agnostic when it comes to gender, race, sexual orientation and all the other things the Democratic party seeks to divide us by. Entrepreneurs are merit based. Build a great product, you’ll get some money to fund it, and customers don’t care how many tattoos you have if it works.

Silicon Valley is place whose culture is based on math and science. If you try to tell people there that:
1. The earth is only 10,000 years old, or
2. Global warming is a myth,

You are not going to be taken seriously.
In today's political landscape, intelligence has a liberal bias.

And, a culture that produced the internet, and social media, is not compatible with a party that gave us the Department of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.

Actually, if you watched the last election, it was the Republicans who worked overtime trying to be divisive. The whole ridiculous term "class warfare" is a Republican concept, that they used to dramatize the debate over tax rates to the point of insanity.

Bill

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657840 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 7:15 PM
"Anyone who believes in Genesis is an idiot." - feedmenowhuman

It's a metaphor about the human condition.

http://www.outersystem.us/creationism/genesismetaphor.html

Art

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657864 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 8:39 PM
"Anyone who believes in Genesis is an idiot." - feedmenowhuman

I would assure him: it exists.

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657867 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 8:51 PM
Anyone who believes in Genesis is an idiot.

feedmeNOWhuman

Which Genesis are you referring to? The device from The Wrath of Khan or the band?

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657868 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/2/2012 8:54 PM
I happen to agree with FeedMe i hate Genesis, i think the only thing i liked from them was Lamb Lies Down On Broadway when Peter Gabriel was with the band. I find Phil Collins' voice high and whiny.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657911 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/3/2012 6:39 AM
I happen to agree with FeedMe i hate Genesis, i think the only thing i liked from them was Lamb Lies Down On Broadway when Peter Gabriel was with the band. I find Phil Collins' voice high and whiny.

At the time, I liked both High, and wine, though I guess Thunderbird was technically a fine aperitif, but I did prefer Boone's Farm with my Twinkies --- but that said I still never did care for Phil Collins.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657919 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/3/2012 9:23 AM
Recommendations: 6

Go easy on them. They work hard stimulating each other and giving each other recs to keep those blue crowns. And they believe that Western Europe is 'the rest of the world'. The whole 'tax and spend and spend and spend' is working out so well; just ask Greece.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657923 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/3/2012 10:00 AM
but I did prefer Boone's Farm with my Twinkies
----------------

Speaking of Twinkies, DH located a source and bought 20. I may eat a corner just in remembrance. Maybe we'll have a little memorial service.

arrete

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657925 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/3/2012 10:16 AM
The other delusional thing about liberals is that they think the positions they hold are held by "the rest of the world."

I feel they happen to be right, There positions are likely held by a majority of the rest of the world

To most countries we are either an enemy or at the least a competitor. Given that being the case, most of the world would like to see us taken down.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658115 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/3/2012 9:51 PM

Phil Collins had only one decent song, IMHO. It can give me goosebumps to this very day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658120 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/3/2012 10:06 PM
Phil Collins had only one decent song, IMHO

I agree that it's a great one. I love the drum portion.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658181 of 740385
Subject: Re: Why We Should All Be Conservative Now Date: 12/4/2012 9:12 AM
Recommendations: 3
We could certainly all be liberal now -- it's just that conservatives don't want to have the surgical procedure to remove half their brains.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement