UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1954923  
Subject: Re: Islamofacists beware! Date: 2/10/2013 11:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why would we connect this with 'Islamofacists'?

The Jewish Faith also forbids pork, but the FOX NEWS crowd is too busy crowing 'Hi Sean, I'm a Conservative and I love Israel even though I know nothing about it'.

Many Faiths have these rules. I'm not a theologian to know why, but some say it was a convenient way for the public officials to cut down on diseases caused by pork back in those days, so they wrote it into religion and organized religion, SOMETIMES....just like government and media is a catalyst to control the masses.

I also believe that the holy Quran forbids pork due to it being seen as a dirty animal.

For no reason, to mock Islam or any other religion makes us no better than those Liberals on the Militant Athiest Board...the same ones who are being taught a lesson in Europe these days.

Once we strip away the 'weird factor' that all religions have......we'd see that Islam, and peoples who subscribe to Islam have TONS in common with the traditional, "real America" that we on the Right claim to have nostalgia for.

In America this is a group of people who don't have 70% births out of wedlock. You won't find them in waiting rooms at the bankruptcy lawyer's office because they overspent on designer goods. You won't see their populations swelling in america's prisons or welfare offices.

You will find rising educational levels, rising incomes, strong nuclear families who believe in traditions that as are as American as apple pie used to be. You'll find hard workers who don't sit back and whine about "foreigners" joining the I.T workforce. You'll find people working their butts off, saving most of their money and then succeeding wildly in the entreprenurial arts. Go to Metro Detroit as just one example for proof.

Seriously...very friendly people too. Go to a local authentic kabab place on a weekday and see how easy it is to strike up a conversation with this crowd. See the warmth, hospitality and sense of humor.

We can't be insulated Bay Area Grunt Bigots and use tiny percentages to paint an entire civilization.

JediG
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement