UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308848  
Subject: Wild & Capital One... Date: 1/7/2010 12:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
So.. I log into Capital One this evening...

I only have one Cap One card, down from the heyday of mountains of credit and three cards. They have forgiven me for those bad days and we get along nicely.

But.. they raised my rate, and this annoys me greatly. They are waiting for me to mess up.

They get rewarded. I overdrafted my account. I have nine dollars left of credit and I go to the gas station and fill the Wild Ram™ up to the brim with fuel.

Knowing full well now this will require a call or two to customer service to beg and plead for the 30 buck surcharge to vanish.

But why would you this, oh Wild?

Simple..

I have the money this month to pay them off!

IN FULL!

So I log on tonite to make sure my last hurrah of school money comes in before the January payment has to be made. There is a message instead of my log on page.

The Federal Government has made changes, and CapOne is not happy, therein the message to cardholders . However, I may tell them that they may keep letting me overdraft my account and they will ONLY charge me one 29 dollar fee a month.

I thought that was just fine, and told them yes, and they let me see my balance of 1544 and some odd cents.

What is the best way to make sure that I do not continue to pay this 20 some dollar a month interest to these fine folks? I know they will miss my money, but they will have to collect the 17.9 % interest off someone else.

Do you pay off most of the balance and then pay whatever is left for the next month to take care of the interest? They may use that slimy two cycle billing, and I have certainly given them enough money over the last years.

And no, I will not run this up again. I am ashamed to say I have been paying interest on a 900 dollar college course I took 2 summers ago! I probably bought the course over at least once with interest!

wild™
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement