Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
I stopped into a Pathmark supermarket here in Central New Jersey. The store has a small health food section that I hadn't been to in many months. I only go there when I have some late night shopping to do since they are open 24 hours a day.

This time, I noticed Wild Oats Brand foods. As I perused the aisles I saw Wild Oats everything! Cereals, snacks, condamints. There must have been more than 50 different items. This is the first time I had seen any Wild Oats Brand foods outside of a Wild Oats store.

If the Wild Oats Brand becomes very popular will this become a potential goldmine for Whole Foods?

I was very impressed with the shelf appeal. The name is a winner. I would consider it a more marketable name and logo than Whole Foods is for the general public. It is certainly better than the 365 brand name.

If John Mackey plays this right he may have purchased a gold mine for a huge discount. I am more likely to hold onto my shares of Whole Foods after seing such a strong vote of confidence in these products by a conventional supermarket.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
This time, I noticed Wild Oats Brand foods. As I perused the aisles I saw Wild Oats everything! Cereals, snacks, condamints. There must have been more than 50 different items. This is the first time I had seen any Wild Oats Brand foods outside of a Wild Oats store....

I was very impressed with the shelf appeal. The name is a winner. I would consider it a more marketable name and logo than Whole Foods is for the general public. It is certainly better than the 365 brand name.

brilliant!

Gives Whole Foods a way to engage the supermarket chains that are trying to get into organics. Still, a shame to hear they were in the "health food" section and not battling on the regular shelves. How are these goods priced?
How are these goods priced?

I have to tell you the truth. I didn't notice. That is to say, they just fit right in. Instead of seeing all of the Hain variety of Health Foods, the shelves were substituted with Wild Oats products. I believe they were all priced to fit right in. They had those thin fruit gel snacks I think for 59cents. I didn't have to look much farther because I wasn't looking to buy any of it. I can say off hand that they were neither overpriced nor exceptionally cheap because the prices that I looked at were the same as they had been. Only the products were different.

Makes me wonder about how my investment in HAIN is doing.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I haven't followed the Wild Oats Brand, noticed it that much before...but wonder has anyone seen products on the shelves at Giant Supermarkets?

I took a little notice the other day when I was sitting behind a Peapod truck (I believe the are exclusive home delivery for Giant Foods) and the truck in addition to having some verbiage for Giant, has a large advertisement for "Wild Oats" on the back...so I wonder if the Pathmark scenario with Wilds Oats products being more widely offered there is similar?

Anyone notice this in Giant at all?
I took a little notice the other day when I was sitting behind a Peapod truck

I checked the Wild Oats website and saw seven labels where Wild Oats Brand foods are sold. Sure enough Pathmark and Peapod are among them.

http://www.wildoatsproducts.com/app/private/index.php?p=find&pt=HFind
Advertisement