Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: yodalives One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 300  
Subject: Re: Wild Oats upgraded due to accelerating sales Date: 7/9/2005 6:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Wild Oats was raised to outperform from sector perform? Does this analyst really think OATS is going to outperform their sector- a sector with Whole Foods in it? Does he think that a total upside profit of 3 cents a share for the year justifies this kind of upgrade? Oats is currently selling a P/E in the 400's by my calculations, even if they make the 3 cents per share- which is a long shot by the companies own admission. They have a lot of debt, not a lot of cash, and they have the lowest margins in the industry. They are closing stores and two stores where I live don't even make enough profit to pay their local rent after all is said and done (I was told this by two Wild Oats store managers).

Wild Oats is losing market share. They are getting squeezed at the top by a much superior Whole Foods and kicked around at the bottom by Wal-mart, Costco, and Target. Plus, now comes Sunflower- a chain started by the original owners who grew Wild Oats initially. I would be interested to find out if Mr. Edward Aaron the esteemed analyst from RBC Capital Markets- the guy who upgraded the stock, has his own money invested in Wild Oats? Or does he merely recommend it to his customers so that he can sell them something and earn his commissions to pay for the crack he must be smokin'!!!

Dana- who is not a stock market analyst with RBC Capital Markets, but once got a scratch and sniff sticker for sitting really still in Mrs. Olsen's first grade class.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement