UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tanaquil Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308858  
Subject: Re: Call from Lawyer Date: 5/27/2001 9:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Wildgirl, thank God you're on the watch! I was wondering what your take on this would be!

ic, you were smart to call back. I don't think it's a scam per se, since it sounds like you checked up on it & the debt is legit, but it sounds to me like this is a &*^$ collector from PCI Management lying through his teeth to get you to pay up pronto.

Wildgirl is right: inform them that they cannot contact you except by letter & then deal with them as best you can. I really, really doubt they will sue, especially if you start making good faith payments. And if they did, all you would have to do is tell the truth in court -- the judge would laugh in their face & make them accept whatever you can reasonably pay.

By the way lying or misrepresentation on the part of collectors is a CRIME (were you on the boards a little while ago when some poor soul posted in a panic because some idiot bill collector threatened to have them THROWN IN JAIL?). Write down exactly what he said to you. You can sue them -- happy birthday, indeed! Where's our resident expert on suing the pond scum suckers?

Tanaquil
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement