UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ytm One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35365  
Subject: Re: Price Action & Volume on Edison Mission 2017 Date: 3/8/2011 12:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Will do Joel.

I have 4 of the 2017's & 4 of the 2016's.

My due diligence on these was a bit premature. When I looked into who I thought was backing these bonds, Edison International (EIX) -although the debt to cash equity ratio was a bit much for me, I liked their huge revenue stream and double digit operating & profit margins. But I still have to look into exactly how this debt was acquired, logistics, etc.

I basically bought my notes awhile back before they had their recent price upswing. I was going to add some more 2017's but there is a pretty decent seller right now out there.

But prices have been all over the place today. Between $73ish to an $85000 buyer just now in the $78 handle. It really pays to have a good broker dealer and know whats going on in the marketplace. A $50 difference in less than a couple hours is something to avoid for certain if you can.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement