UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: EvilFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 43  
Subject: Will it help....... Date: 3/2/2002 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
my lazy eye?

ive been wondering about it.
i have almost perfect vision in one eye and the other is ablosutely horrible. like i can see if its two inches in front of me.

will this surgery or any surgery help me?

EF
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 4is Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22 of 43
Subject: Re: Will it help....... Date: 3/3/2002 1:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Will it help my lazy eye?

ive been wondering about it.
i have almost perfect vision in one eye and the other is ablosutely horrible. like i can see if its two inches in front of me.

will this surgery or any surgery help me?

EF

EvilFool,

Amblyopia (commonly called "lazy eye") is a direct contraindication for the LASIK procedure according to FDA guidelines.

No, it won't help the lazy eye ... and it would be foolish to undergo the risk of having the surgical procedure performed on the good eye.

4is

Author: EvilFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 43
Subject: Re: Will it help....... Date: 3/3/2002 1:47 AM
thank you.

i've been looking for a way to help my bad eye, the doc i go to says as far as lenses or contacts go there is no help. It went without treatment too long. Funny thing is they said the same thing when i was 8 y/o. so i guess im stuck with it.

Thanks again

EF

Author: MsVeeDub Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33 of 43
Subject: Re: Will it help....... Date: 8/1/2003 3:21 PM
Your eyeball is held straight in place by sets of muscles on each side of the eyeball. Lazy eye occurs when one side's tissues are longer than the other. The correction for lazy eye is to correct the length of the muscles. I'd check with your insurance company and get a few consultations, there's no reason you have to live with it like that.

After the laziness is corrected, then I'd investigate some kind of laser surgery.

Susan
(old thread, but it might help someone)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement