UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: rev2217 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5  
Subject: Re: Are there any Ballroom Dancers out there? Date: 5/22/2012 9:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
William,

If there is anyone out there that dances, it would be great to be able to discuss techniques and such. I am a male with female partners who can't always answer my questions as to arm styling, expression etc.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I literally just discovered this discussion board for the first time!

I started dancing in college and took lessons at Arthur Murray studios in Orlando, San Diego, and Seattle, for four years afterward, then landed in a place where there was no studio and got away from it until I got back into it about four or five years ago.

I'm fairly new to ballroom dancing. I took it up with the intention of taking 5-6 lessons to prepare for 2 weddings I had earlier this year. I enjoyed it so much that I continued and have competed in a Fred Astaire national Pro-Am competition in July and have another competition in October.

I'm now a silver level student at a local Arthur Murray student. I have not done any competitions per say, but I have been involved in several exhibitions where we do performances similar to those on Dancing with the Stars.

Hope to meet others with an interest in ballroom dancing (Waltz, FoxTrot, Tango, Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba, Bolero, Mambo, Merengue, Hustle,East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, and Paso Doble).

And I hope that you are still here in Fooldom!

Norm.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement