UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jmdshort One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4956  
Subject: Window Trade Not Done... options? Date: 1/25/2005 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I started making Window Trades today on BAH. I had 11 go through with no problem during the 10am window. The problem is that I had 13 scheduled...

What happens to trades that don't occur during the window? I can't cancel or amend them (those options are available when I look at Pending Activities).

Thanks,

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4916 of 4956
Subject: Re: Window Trade Not Done... options? Date: 1/25/2005 10:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Well, B&H is sometimes a bit slow to post trades that have occurred.

However, I have also had trades that didn't occur in the window and occurred the next day instead.

Author: DRTURKEY Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4920 of 4956
Subject: Re: Window Trade Not Done... options? Date: 7/6/2005 1:40 AM
I just recently started reading this board so this reply is a little late. I put in a buy order at 12:29 to make the 12:30 window trade but the order did not go through at 12:30 or 3:00 PM or 9:00 AM the next morning, but did trade the next day at 12:30. When I called B&H, I was told that my order went in at 12:30:17 sec and that locked me into the 12:30 trade window so that order did not execute until the next 12:30 window. Hope this explains what happened. DRTURKEY

Author: becketsmom Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4921 of 4956
Subject: Re: Window Trade Not Done... options? Date: 7/11/2005 3:39 PM
That sounds like a reasonable response to me. Instead of having it as a "next available window" situation, they just assume you want to buy at 12:30.

From their point of view, this gives them 24 more hours to get more orders together... because the more they buy at once, the cheaper the service is to everyone.

I think.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement