UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 4gonefool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744982  
Subject: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/3/2000 8:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've been thinking about the Rat Race. Can we really say we won the rat race? The rats don't actually know they're competing do they? They're just hungry and they're trying to get the piece of cheese at the end of the track (or maze). Or maybe they're just running in place on an exercise wheel 'cuz if they try to run anywhere else they crash into the walls of their cages. It's not like we're actually trying to beat the other people we're racing with, we just want to get off the track (out of the cage) sooner. The other people just fail to find the exit from the track.

Of course, I haven't actually left the track yet, but I feel like I'm on my victory lap. Picking up roses, waving flags, shaking hands, eating cheese, having fun and planning my resignation letter. What do you all think? Is "I resign" too wordy?

4goneFool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: galeno Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3052 of 744982
Subject: Re: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/3/2000 8:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
How about "Rat Race Graduate"?

Author: hocus Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3071 of 744982
Subject: Re: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/4/2000 9:43 AM
Recommendations: 3
What do you all think? Is "I resign" too wordy?

I always thought it was nice how, when a middle manager is downsized, the company will sometimes let him continue to come to the office for a few months and make phone calls trying to get a new job. So in fairness I think you should put something in there about letting them use your phone to check around for a replacement.

Author: nmckay Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3094 of 744982
Subject: Re: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/4/2000 3:06 PM
LOL

Just request vacation from xx/xx/xx till forever.

nmckay
nah, too wordy

Author: backslash Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3104 of 744982
Subject: Re: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/4/2000 4:13 PM
I prefer "divorced from the rat race due to irreconcilable differences".

Harley

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3291 of 744982
Subject: Re: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/7/2000 3:26 PM
After I have sucessfully "left the track", I will think of myself as a Survivor.

-rkm

Author: 4aapl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3484 of 744982
Subject: Re: Winner or Finisher? Date: 2/9/2000 2:19 AM
I like the "I won the rat race" and "vacation from XX/XX/XX till forever"

I'm thinking about making shirts a little bit down the road. More to come on this in a couple of months, but try to think up some good images to go with this :)))

4aapl

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement