Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
With a car that new, I'd definitely try to sell to a private party first and not do a trade-in. You'll take a serious loss trading it in. Warranty is transferrable. No problem there.

Newspaper is good but expensive. Many cities have a publication just for used cars. Look for it in grocery stores where they keep the free publications for real estate etc. Also, is a good place to list.

The buyer will have to go to the bank with you and pay them the outstanding loan amount. Or if they're paying less than that you will have to make up the difference. Then they will transfer title to the buyer. If you financed through someone who doesn't have a physical presence near you, call them to find out what to do.
Print the post  


Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.