Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
With a monopod, the camera can still move side to side and swivel across the scene. The motion sensor in the camera or lens should pick that up and correct for it. My motion sensor is in the camera body (Sony), and I rarely turn it off.

I could do some tests to see how much difference it makes, and I could also do some analysis. (I used to teach dynamics to engineering students back when I was finishing up my PhD, so I jump at the chance to use some of those equations that are cluttering up the back of my mind.) ;o)

A lot of my consulting work involves macro photography for field use, so camera motion is a serious problem for us.

I know our Nikon lenses are internal for VR, I'm now a Tamron user as I just could not find the Nikon lens as I left for a trip last round... Tamron calls it VC, Canon is IS I think...

So yes, for critical macro work it would matter, and be interesting. But for this hobbyist, far from critical.

I have a dead (no AF) 24-120mm VR lens that I might do a takeapart on, just out of curiosity as I'm never going to have it repaired, be interesting to see all the elements, if all the other projects slow down for a while...

Congrats on your use of your abilities, teaching is special, as we are just now watching family members moving on this year, supporting them as we can...

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

Online Photos
Yahoo! Groups
(Registration Required)
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement