UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jhawker85 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 361  
Subject: Re: Reunion Date: 2/11/2004 1:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
With BKS buying back BNBN, this board seems to be pretty much done. (As an aside, did BKS clean up on this deal, or what? Issue stock high, buy it back low, pocket the difference. At least that is how it looks to me.)

I, too enjoyed my time on the board. The conversations help me to reconsider my strategies and rethink how/why I invested/traded. A good group of people here. And I got to make a little money, to boot.

Glad to hear that your business has been picking up. Hopefully that will continue for you.

I spend most of my time reading the Mishedlo and Rat's boards. Lots of good information on various subjects. Often too many posts to wade through, especially if you don't stay up on it. But, generally polite communities on those boards, once you get used to the personalities involved. Also been following the SCOX farce, since it is somewhat of a local story where I am. And have been long one of their adversaries (NOVL) for a while. Interesting situation. I think that SCOX has a bad IP position and the stock is doomed when it all shakes out.

In a nutshell, right now I am long gold/silver miners, oil, some tech (NOVL, SVVS), weak dollar plays (FAX), and a couple of dividend plays (NLY), short SCOX, and looking the possibilities of puts on FNM.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement