No. of Recommendations: 0

With income deferral and deductions I will be able to keep my year 2000 income
under $100,000. My 1999 adjusted gross is well over $100,000. Am I eligible to
convert to a Roth IRA on Jan 1, 2000 if I am sure my adjusted gross income for
the year 2000 will be under $100,000? Or, do I have to wait until Jan 1, 2001 after
I have had a complete year of income year under $100,000?

You can convert any time in 2000. If you go over the 100,000 sometime in 2000 you can convert back.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.