Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: anuvaka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18286  
Subject: Re: They're Gonna Kill Us Date: 8/16/2009 7:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
with this new Health Care program [just Trust me]!

Sunray I do trust you.

It will not affect anyone on Medicaid or Medicare

The whole thing is going to be minor. Except for correcting a few injustices. They wont be able to cancel you when you get a new disease. They will not be able to deny you coverage, which does not mean they won't charge you more.

The biggest effect will be on the 2 person to 7 person company that is not very profitable. Either they pay the 8% fee or insure their employees for a credit. Larger companies will keep the same insurance carrier with no glitches or effects.

When you read how it is worded, everyone from 18 to 65 will be offered insurance. Does not say be forced to take it.

The "death counciling" thing? Krap, the Dr's want to be paid for advice sessions, not recommend Kool-Aid. It should be a free social service anyway. And now, they pulled that paragraph out, so you have to see a lawyer now.

The insurance companies always got away with cancelling people with big money diseases or paying out less than you thought. This might fix that.

But you are going to pay the same. The coverage will not change.
The only rationing or denial of service will be from the insurance companies, as it was before.

Some groups out there are instigating, spreading false rumors. Why? To undermine Obama and the Dem's. This is causing the Nation to shoot itself in the foot. We are not going to have a Nation Health Plan like Britain, France, Australia, Canada or Germany. We are not set up for it, nor will we be.

My advice? Sell off some of your Health care shares. Their profits in the next year might be only 5% instead of the 20% you saw previously.

But sleep well, this will not hurt the majority of Americans, maybe help a few poor ones and keep a hundred people from going broke from disease. But no big change at all

just a lot of to-do about nothing.

jC
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement