UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1949427  
Subject: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 9:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 75
Ireland - where abortion is illegal as long as the baby's heart is beating - a woman went to the hospital mid-miscarriage at 17 weeks and was denied care until the baby died. She died.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/15/world/europe/hospital-deat...

This is where the Republicans would take us.

Abortion is inherently immoral, YES, but do NOT get between ME AND MY DOCTOR. You CANNOT predict every possible medical issue with a blanket law. Only a scientifically ignorant moron would think he could.

Such a load of crap.

Dear Republicans - you want women's vote? Stop treating women like infants. Stop telling us you know what is and isn't "rape" and get the frack out of legislating what goes on between us and our doctors.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836892 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 9:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
sorry, stockgoddess

We were told by several here that the war on women was completely a Democratic invention... that it is not important, and that it is simply a smokescreen to avoid talking about the real issues.

So.. to the back of the bus with you and your faux concerns.

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836896 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 9:57 AM
Recommendations: 0
StockGoddess,

My parents come from Ireland. They are for abortion rights. My mother was a young nurse in Ireland. She has seen the deaths of friends and others who got back alley abortions.

Note more Catholics voted for Obama than Romney.

Dave

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836897 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 9:57 AM
Recommendations: 4
Abortion is inherently immoral, YES

For those who view it as immoral: Don't have one.

--FY

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836899 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:01 AM
I actually don't know of a single Republican who wouldn't want to intervene to save the life of the mother. That statement doesn't mean there isn't one someplace, but I'm sure the legion of PA "factcheckers" will get to work.

At any rate. You won. You can drop the fake war on wimmmins no sense.

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836903 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:12 AM
Recommendations: 71
I actually don't know of a single Republican who wouldn't want to intervene to save the life of the mother. That statement doesn't mean there isn't one someplace, but I'm sure the legion of PA "factcheckers" will get to work.

You don't know any?

Well, let me introduce you to the person you voted for in this election, Paul Ryan.

Ryan supported a bill (the “Protect Life Act”) that would allow hospitals to refuse abortion to a woman, regardless of whether her life was in danger.

AW

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.358:

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836907 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:22 AM
Ireland - where abortion is illegal as long as the baby's heart is beating - a woman went to the hospital mid-miscarriage at 17 weeks and was denied care until the baby died. She died.

Is there a point within the pregnancy where you would draw line? Because that's where the real debate in America is. You're article admits that the baby had a beating heart and saving the mother meant stopping that beating heart.

So my question to you is, at what point do you say it's wrong? Would you permit an abortion at week 39 to save a mother? Contrary to the political wranglings, I think this is where most Americans fall...they are OK with abortion, but aren't when the baby is "viable"

BTW, it's hypocritical that you talk about decisions between "ME AND MY DOCTOR", when ObamaKare brings government bueracrats into the decision making process via "Independent Payment Advisory Board". So decisions are no longer between you and your doctor.

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836908 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:25 AM
Recommendations: 3
Contrary to the political wranglings, I think this is where most Americans fall...they are OK with abortion, but aren't when the baby is "viable"

I hope you continue to believe this.

Not because you're right. You're not.

But because I want people like you to keep losing elections.

Thanks for your help.

AW

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836913 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:36 AM
Is there a point within the pregnancy where you would draw line? Because that's where the real debate in America is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No they won't draw a line and no there isn't a debate. This is about women not wanting to face the consequences of their actions. Of course there isn't a 'stork moment' where a baby magically appears in your womb.

"But it's my body" NO IT IS NOT. It is another human body that is growing inside of your body. Grab a 5th grade biology text book. If it's "your body" then women who give birth must be absolutely SHOCKED to see another human body come out of their body.

Mark

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836914 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:37 AM
Recommendations: 51
I actually don't know of a single Republican who wouldn't want to intervene to save the life of the mother

While you were off the planet visiting your kinfolk the Republicans in the Ohio legislature introduced exactly that legislation. All the conservative Republican catholics voted just that issue. Then there was the effort in Mississippi. The RC Church permits no exception to save the life of the mother, and to deny that teaching, is a mortal sin.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836915 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:37 AM
BTW, it's hypocritical that you talk about decisions between "ME AND MY DOCTOR", when ObamaKare brings government bueracrats into the decision making process via "Independent Payment Advisory Board". So decisions are no longer between you and your doctor.

Lord help us! Are you really dumb enough to believe that decisions are now between you and your doctor? I guess they are if you're paying cash for all medical expenses. Otherwise decisions are between you, your doctor and the INSURANCE COMPANY CLERK who's processing the claim or the pre-authorization request.

About that question I asked above: It's rhetorical. I already know the answer.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836916 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:38 AM
"Ireland - where abortion is illegal as long as the baby's heart is beating - a woman went to the hospital mid-miscarriage at 17 weeks and was denied care until the baby died. She died.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/15/world/europe/hospital-deat......

Abortion is inherently immoral, YES, but do NOT get between ME AND MY DOCTOR. You CANNOT predict every possible medical issue with a blanket law. Only a scientifically ignorant moron would think he could.

Such a load of crap.

Dear Republicans - you want women's vote? Stop treating women like infants. Stop telling us you know what is and isn't "rape" and get the frack out of legislating what goes on between us and our doctors."

Another clueless, walking talking point zombie speaks, gheesh! get a clue.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836917 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:38 AM
Lord help us! Are you really dumb enough to believe that decisions are now between you and your doctor?

That was a rhetorical question was it not?

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836918 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:39 AM
"But it's my body" NO IT IS NOT. It is another human body that is growing inside of your body. Grab a 5th grade biology text book. If it's "your body" then women who give birth must be absolutely SHOCKED to see another human body come out of their body.

Ev-er-y sperm is sacred...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Author: JeSuisHistoire Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836919 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:41 AM
Recommendations: 52
<This is about women not wanting to face the consequences of their actions>

yeah, get with it ladies. if you get pregnant, and develop live-threatening complications, it's all your fault.

to think this "consequences" crap comes from folks claiming to want to protect the right to life.

shameless hypocrites

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836922 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:43 AM
Otherwise decisions are between you, your doctor and the INSURANCE COMPANY CLERK who's processing the claim or the pre-authorization request.

_________

Wow, you really are naive...the insurace clerk is required to follow rules set by the government and overseen by the government. The new rules, but the government in charge and who oversees the government? Who tells the government that they made a mistake? The government used to be your advocate against insurance companies, now they are both.

Good luck in your fantasy world.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836925 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:44 AM
"Ireland - where abortion is illegal as long as the baby's heart is beating - a woman went to the hospital mid-miscarriage at 17 weeks and was denied care until the baby died. She died.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/15/world/europe/hospital-deat.........

This is where the Republicans would take us? Oh really?

Basic knowledge test: Did Mitt Romney's presidential platform have provisions for incest, rape and life of the mother?

Mark

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836929 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:52 AM
Someone want to tell former Congress critter Walsh!

Ken

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836933 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 11:01 AM
"No they won't draw a line and no there isn't a debate."

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Yes, there is a debate.

"This is about women not wanting to face the consequences of their actions."

No, it isn't. It is about who makes the decisions involving a pregnancy; the woman who is pregnant, or the government. I'm always surprised at this. You guys pretend to be against big government being able to intrude on peoples' personal lives, and yet you are actually all for it. Weird.

""But it's my body" NO IT IS NOT."

YES IT IS, even if you type it with the capslock on.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836943 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 11:19 AM
<This is about women not wanting to face the consequences of their actions>

This is about Republicans not wanting to face the consequences of their alienating women voters.

--FY

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836952 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 11:32 AM
Recommendations: 51
I think there are some people in this world who are oblivious about the war on women. It is actually more like a war on women AND children. Get a clue. Anti abortionists are making considerable gains in the state legislatures and through the media. These anti abortionists do not care about the health of the mother. Their one goal is to NOT HAVE AN ABORTION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This was evident in the last election. At least 5 politicians said this and one was running for VP. America didn't just reject Mitt Romney. They rejected Paul Ryan.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/09/kansas-doctor-under-...
Kansas Doctor Under Attack For Not Forcing Ten Year Old Rape Victim To Give Birth
<snip>
Now, Dr. Neuhaus may lose her license for the “sin” of not forcing a mentally ill ten year old to carry her uncle’s baby to term.

You read that correctly; there are people in Kansas who think it is proper that a 10 year should have a child. Never mind the rape, incest and mental illness; a ten year old!

Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836954 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 11:35 AM
Recommendations: 19
This is where the Republicans would take us? Oh really?

Basic knowledge test: Did Mitt Romney's presidential platform have provisions for incest, rape and life of the mother?

Mark

Does Mitt Romney speak for the GOP or is a better point of reference the Republican Platform?

... we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed.
---
That is why we say the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. ... we endorse legislation to make it clear that the 14th Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.
---
We say the unborn child has a fundamental right to life. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation that the 14th Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions.
---
We oppose abortion ...

I can't find the GOP exceptions incest, rape and life of the mother. Can you?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Republican_Party_Abortion.h...

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836970 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 12:04 PM
Recommendations: 2
Wow, you really are naive...the insurace clerk is required to follow rules set by the government and overseen by the government. The new rules, but the government in charge and who oversees the government? Who tells the government that they made a mistake? The government used to be your advocate against insurance companies, now they are both.

Good luck in your fantasy world.

Obviously posted by someone who lives in a cocoon. Obviously you've never been denied an MRI or physical therapy or a medicine prescribed by your doctor.

You are quite comfortable depending on an insurance clerk because the clerk "is required to follow rules set by the government and overseen by the government."

So you are dumb enough to believe any number of stupid things. But that's been obvious for a long time.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836971 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 12:05 PM
Wow, you really are naive...the insurace clerk is required to follow rules set by the government and overseen by the government.

Can you give me the name and contact information for an insurance clerk at whatever private carrier you use who will go on record as saying they are denying care because of a gov't regulation? C'mon....back up your claim.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836991 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 12:54 PM
The woman was admitted on a Sunday night.

Treated with anti-biotics on Monday.

Mis-carried on Tuesday night.

ICU on Wednesday through Sunday and died due to Septicemia on Sunday.

There are two investigations researching the hospitals decisions. Neither have been released yet.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836998 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:06 PM
Lord help us! Are you really dumb enough to believe that decisions are now between you and your doctor? I guess they are if you're paying cash for all medical expenses. Otherwise decisions are between you, your doctor and the INSURANCE COMPANY CLERK who's processing the claim or the pre-authorization request.

Don't forget state medical licensing and Federal laws are also involved.

My doctor might want to prescribe all the narcotics to me that I want - but doctors who do so get investigated and often lose their license.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837000 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:14 PM
My doctor might want to prescribe all the narcotics to me that I want - but doctors who do so get investigated and often lose their license.

I don't know about your doctor, but my doc doesn't always get to prescribe the medicines he or she wants me to have.

Too expensive! Doesn't appear on the insurance company's formulary!

And sometimes... there are no generic equivalents.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837007 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:25 PM
"You can drop the fake war on wimmmins no sense."

<sarcasm>Yeah, women are stupid for not having the same priorities as you.</sarcasm>

Enjoy the next 4 years.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837008 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:26 PM
I don't know about your doctor, but my doc doesn't always get to prescribe the medicines he or she wants me to have.

And sometimes... there are no generic equivalents.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered earning money and then using that money to pay for medicine? It's an effective strategy.

Mark

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837009 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:28 PM
The war will continue until everyone has the same priorities as everyone else.

Enjoy eternity.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837014 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:31 PM
I actually don't know of a single Republican who wouldn't want to intervene to save the life of the mother.

All your conservative friends on the Fool must be talking behind your back...

Author: flightdoc101 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837017 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:33 PM
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE "LINE" IS?

Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837018 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:34 PM
Recommendations: 7
No they won't draw a line and no there isn't a debate. This is about women not wanting to face the consequences of their actions. Of course there isn't a 'stork moment' where a baby magically appears in your womb.

You do like to talk down to women, don't you? I recall another thread where you call women who would like insurance coverage for contraception "losers"; you also punctuated your (primarily emotional) argument with the notation "ps you were just destroyed." I recall mention of a "3rd grade biology textbook" in that thread as well, which fits your previously observed pattern of taking hold of a single clever idea with your teeth and shaking it, which demonstrates that you are guilty not only of false analogy but also of argument by repetition. I strongly suspect that you are a very young man who's had some emotionally traumatic experience with a very young girl. Of course I have no way of knowing what motivates your foolish and misplaced vitriol, but that's what it makes me think of.

The "real debate", which you rather disingenuously fail to acknowledge, turns on the question of where during development to make the distinction between a clump of cells which just happen to have a certain set of chromosomes, and an actual person which is equal and equivalent to an adult woman, morally and socially.

Since you enjoy illustration by analogy so much, allow me to offer one: failing to recognize that a blastocyst, for instance, is not a person, is like failing to recognize that a walnut is not a tree. Potential ? actual.

Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837020 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:36 PM
Dammit, that was a "not equal to" symbol in the preview.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837022 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:36 PM
I am in line to find out where the line to find out where the line is.

Author: flightdoc101 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837023 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:37 PM
Recommendations: 7
premature send---

There aint no effing line. It's a zigzag, or a grey zone, or blank map.

Every case is unique and no dumba$$ politician should poke his nose in!

After 8 years of training and 10 years of experience they would be qualified to voice an opinion. Otherwise should shut their pie holes.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837026 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:40 PM
I have no way of knowing what motivates your foolish and misplaced vitriol, but that's what it makes me think of.
I have no way of knowing why you think it is important for other people to buy things for you. Especially things that cost $10.

Mark

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837029 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:44 PM
The "real debate", which you rather disingenuously fail to acknowledge, turns on the question of where during development to make the distinction between a clump of cells which just happen to have a certain set of chromosomes, and an actual person which is equal and equivalent to an adult woman, morally and socially.

Since you enjoy illustration by analogy so much, allow me to offer one: failing to recognize that a blastocyst, for instance, is not a person, is like failing to recognize that a walnut is not a tree. Potential ? actual.

This debate, I believe, focuses on a specific woman.

I believe that the Subject of this thread might be in error, as it has not been proven that an abortion would have been life-saving.

I am pro-choice, but I often find the vitriol that accompanies pro-choice stories like this to be too much.

Whether the baby (I think was more than four months along) was aborted on a Monday or a Tuesday, has yet to be determined by people investigating the event.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837030 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:45 PM
Good analogy. Okay I gotta go. I'm heading to a newly planted walnut orchard with a shovel. Lets see what they say.

Mark

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837035 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 1:54 PM
You do like to talk down to women, don't you? I recall another thread where you call women who would like insurance coverage for contraception "losers"
I am not talking down to women. Many women totally disagree with you. I am talking down to people who think it is their human right to have someone else buy their contraception for them.

I would argue that if you can't find a way to obtain something that costs $10 without forcing someone else to buy it for you, you are not a 'woman', you are a child.

Get an abortion punch card if you want. Stock your basement to the ceiling with contraceptives. I don't care. No one is stopping you. Just stop asking people who find your lifestyle repulsive, to pay for it.

Mark

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837038 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 2:03 PM
Have you considered earning money and then using that money to pay for medicine? It's an effective strategy.

Mark

I thought that's why I have and pay for insurance.

You don't have insurance?

Or are you simply being an idiot?

Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837041 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 2:12 PM
I have no way of knowing why you think it is important for other people to buy things for you. Especially things that cost $10.

You have a terribly short memory, young man.

http://boards.fool.com/i-recall-seeing-your-butcher-shop-ana...

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837045 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 2:21 PM
I thought that's why I have and pay for insurance.

You don't have insurance?

Or are you simply being an idiot?
Yes I have insurance. No it does not pay for everything. Did you honestly think you could pay a couple hundred bucks a month to an insurance company and they would subsequently provide you a benefit greater than a couple hundred dollars a month?

Mark

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837047 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 2:24 PM
Did you honestly think you could pay a couple hundred bucks a month to an insurance company and they would subsequently provide you a benefit greater than a couple hundred dollars a month?

Try $580 per month..... and that's the group rate I get by being a presbyterian minister.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837053 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 2:53 PM
You have a terribly short memory, young man.
You have an entertainingly long memory young lady. I haven't been on this chatroom for several months. Good to know I have been living in your head rent free during that time.

So apparently my example ($10 for hormonal contraception) doesn't work even though the VAST majority of women use that form. Clearly we need to use your example of an IUD which cost an oppressive $800 (in 23 easy payments of $35).

So you are sexually active and are trying to get out of paying $800? What a tragedy. Have you called the Red Cross for disaster relief?

I still don't understand why you think people should buy things for you. Especially things that cost $35/mo.

How much is your cable bill? You want some help with that?

I am 32. You use an IUD so you are also young. I find it interesting that you call me 'young man' as if you are an adult teaching me little lessons. YOU are the one asking other people to buy your things for you. I pay my own bills. Who is the adult?

When I am old and I need Viagra for recreational sex can you please give me pointers on how to whine and complain to my insurance company, congressman, chatroom, etc. that it is unfair I have to pay for it? I think Viagra costs even more than your IUD does.

Mark

Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837082 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 31
I am 32. You use an IUD so you are also young.

48, in fact, but thank you for the compliment. It appears that you missed the reason why an IUD is appropriate for me.

I find it interesting that you call me 'young man' as if you are an adult teaching me little lessons.

That's how writing in response to you makes me feel, quite frankly. Your arguments are grounded almost entirely in emotion, your choice of words is relatively limited, and these factors when combined with the overall tone - a combination of swaggering and hectoring that I find especially off-putting - led me to believe you much younger than your actual years.

YOU are the one asking other people to buy your things for you. I pay my own bills. Who is the adult?

My point was that I do pay for insurance, it's rather expensive, and I expect my insurance to pay for a reasonable variety of approved therapies. It doesn't, and there's no good economic or moral reason for that, which I believe I explained in the thread to which I linked.

As for "living in my head rent free," as the saying goes - you are awfully fond of popular platitudes, another reason I misjudged your age - my having a better memory of the things I say and to whom I say them than you have doesn't mean I've been up at night chewing on it like the gum on your bedpost.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837095 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 3:58 PM
So apparently my example ($10 for hormonal contraception) doesn't work even though the VAST majority of women use that form. Clearly we need to use your example of an IUD which cost an oppressive $800 (in 23 easy payments of $35).

So you are sexually active and are trying to get out of paying $800? What a tragedy. Have you called the Red Cross for disaster relief?

I still don't understand why you think people should buy things for you. Especially things that cost $35/mo.

Well, the alternative is really easy to understand--and cramps your lifestyle quit a bit.

She gets pregnant (Maury says "You ARE the father !!"--and she then hands the baby over to you at birth (in lieu of making you pay child support). How much does THAT cost you per month--and for how long? ROFLMAO !!

Choices have potentially expensive consequences. You made that choice. And you can't rationally say you did not know.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837105 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 4:14 PM
Your arguments are grounded almost entirely in emotion, your choice of words is relatively limited, and these factors when combined with the overall tone - a combination of swaggering and hectoring that I find especially off-putting
My argument that you should pay for your own stuff is based in emotion? How is that emotional?

My choice of words is relatively limited?

Lets see if this helps you out:

"I contend that it would be preferable for you to convey monetary reimbursement to your service providers."

Do you think modish highfalutin vocab words like 'platitude' and 'hectoring' make you sound intelligent or ad puissance to your argument?

I am well educated. I don't talk/write like that because I am not a huge self aggrandizing d%$che bag........I'm not saying you are but.....

Mark

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837115 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 4:27 PM
She gets pregnant (Maury says "You ARE the father !!"--and she then hands the baby over to you at birth (in lieu of making you pay child support). How much does THAT cost you per month--and for how long? ROFLMAO !!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If it's my kid then I pay child support. On the other hand, I don't have sex with women who run around crying for the federal government to pay for (or force others to pay for) their contraceptives.

You are right that contraceptives and abortions are cheaper than babies. China has a solution to that problem.

Mark

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837118 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 4:33 PM
Good analogy. Okay I gotta go. I'm heading to a newly planted walnut orchard with a shovel. Lets see what they say.

Mark

I've got a better analogy. You have a walnut tree that's getting ready to fall on your house. But the local church won't let you cut it down because they're all concerned about protecting life.

Let's see how well you'd respond to that.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837129 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 4:44 PM
Never mind the rape, incest and mental illness; a ten year old!

Clearly not a legitimate rape, however, since her body didn't "shut the whole thing down".

Try to keep up with conservative biology, ok?

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837168 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 6:00 PM
I'm heading to a newly planted walnut orchard with a shovel. Lets see what they say.

If it's your orchard, have at it.

If it isn't your orchard, piss off.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837199 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 6:48 PM

Mark

Best way to increase the number of loved and wanted children and accomplish fewer abortions is to create fewer unwanted pregnancies. I want to make it very easy for everyone to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837205 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 7:14 PM
I actually don't know of a single Republican who wouldn't want to intervene to save the life of the mother.

It's in the GOP platform to outlaw all abortion regardless of if the woman dies or not.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837210 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 7:19 PM
Mark: On the other hand, I don't have sex with women

That much I believe.

Author: PancakeBunny One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837216 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 7:36 PM
Recommendations: 9
My argument that you should pay for your own stuff is based in emotion? How is that emotional?

My choice of words is relatively limited?

... I don't talk/write like that because I am not a huge self aggrandizing d%$che bag....

Possibly not. But you do write like an angry schoolboy, which is what provoked my own rather schoolmarmish tone. I have already answered your argument that I should pay for my own stuff to my own satisfaction if not yours, since I pay for the insurance from which I expect coverage. I speak more or less the same way I write, and I write as one of my several jobs. I don't do it this way because of how I think it sounds, I do it to communicate effectively. You might try it sometime; as it is, I take some issue with your idea that you are well educated. I freely admit that at your age you may be and probably are degreed, but that is not necessarily the same thing.

Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837217 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 7:40 PM
Oops. How embarrassing.

Author: Wessex99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837220 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 7:52 PM
Thanks for your courteous and cogent responses to it. There's a reason that it has been a greyling to me for years.

Seeing portions of right-wingers messages quoted in other posts only reinforces my view that some right-wingers are as creepy and wrong as the republican party and most of its politicians.

I would so like to be positive about things, but the right-wing just disgust me and I do not believe for one second that the recent election will have any real effect (perhaps some lip-service) on their repugnant positions. Wrong on virtually everything.

Wessex

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837242 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 9:08 PM
I have already answered your argument that I should pay for my own stuff to my own satisfaction if not yours, since I pay for the insurance from which I expect coverage.
Right. I also pay for insurance. Strangely, you are under the assumption that it is your position to dictate to your insurance company what they do and do not cover. Sadly for you, that is not the case. You do not get to tell them how to operate their business.

Sadly for freedom, people like you are common. Currently you and your comrades are in the process of using the federal government to force others to give you what you feel entitled to.

You should see if you can get the federal government to force your car insurance company to pay for repairs and gas.

Mark

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837250 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 9:27 PM
Oops. How embarrassing.

LOL!

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837264 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:54 PM
If it's my kid then I pay child support.

If you get that choice. If she says "yours !!" and hands it over to you, what do you do?

On the other hand, I don't have sex with women who run around crying for the federal government to pay for (or force others to pay for) their contraceptives.

They do not discuss their insurance coverage with you? Why don't you discuss your insurance coverage with them?

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837266 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:58 PM
If you get that choice. If she says "yours !!" and hands it over to you, what do you do?
I'm not sure actually. It's 'her body' afterall, so that would be a conundrum.

Mark

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837268 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 11:29 PM
I'm not sure actually. It's 'her body' afterall, so that would be a conundrum.

So you have not really considered "taking responsibility" for a real potential outcome of your actions.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837270 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 11:45 PM
So you have not really considered "taking responsibility" for a real potential outcome of your actions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have. I was kidding........which I thought was obvious.

Mark

Author: ShouldKnowBetter Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837289 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 7:55 AM

If the insurance company rejects it, you can pay for it out of your own pocket.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837292 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 8:02 AM

If the insurance company rejects it, you can pay for it out of your own pocket.

But Nationalized Health Care will reject nothing!

Author: skorthos Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837295 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 8:18 AM
Recommendations: 4
I find it interesting that you call me 'young man' as if you are an adult teaching me little lessons.

That's how writing in response to you makes me feel, quite frankly. Your arguments are grounded almost entirely in emotion, your choice of words is relatively limited, and these factors when combined with the overall tone - a combination of swaggering and hectoring that I find especially off-putting - led me to believe you much younger than your actual years.

Hi, scaryblondechick,

I mostly lurk but every once in a while something stirs me to write, and that slap-down was so GREAT I had to say something. I think the person who wrote the stuff you were responding to is one of my grey people. I must have at some point decided that even reading his posts was a waste of time.

Sometimes, when reading posts from some at Motley Fool, I imagine the New Yorker(?) cartoon with two dogs at a computer. One is saying to the other: "On the Internet, no one knows you are a dog."

By the same logic, on the Internet no one knows if you are an angry, frustrated 15 year old kid who got hold of his parents' passwords. I can only guess at the ages of some posters and many seem so inarticulate and ...well...juvenile that "junior high prankster" is the first thing that comes to mind.

I gather from the complaints quoted that you have been engaging this poster at his level, which must take some patience. Thanks for taking the time, and thanks for the entertainment.

skorthos

PS I am 62. Don't hurt me.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837303 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 9:18 AM
One woman vs millions of innocent babies die needlessly. There is not even a morsel of moral equivalence here.

Author: 5761796E65 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837307 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 9:39 AM
Their one goal is to NOT HAVE AN ABORTION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

except when they would be the father...

Author: tilnow One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837317 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 10:17 AM
Six Irish administrations ago, their supreme court ruled abortion could be allowed if the mother's life was in danger. But....none of those six administrations would introduce legislation in that regard.

Complicating the issue is another law still on the books which brings criminal charges against anyone associated with carrying out an abortion. There is a mandatory 3 year prison term.

The doctors and attending staff feared these consequences, despite the fetus having been partially miscarried yet somehow still having a heartbeat. The woman, her cervix fully dilated and vulnerable to infection, was kept bedridden at the hospital for one week until no fetal heartbeat was detected and the procedure took place. She then died from septis.

On the day she arrived at the hospital mid-miscarriage, the doctors all agreed the fetus could not survive. Truly tragic all around. This would have been the couple's first child.

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837323 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 10:53 AM
One woman vs millions of innocent babies die needlessly. There is not even a morsel of moral equivalence here.
=======================================================================

Of course this is from the "person" who believes ALL life if precious.

Charlie

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837375 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 12:13 PM
Seeing portions of right-wingers messages quoted in other posts only reinforces my view that some right-wingers are as creepy and wrong as the republican party and most of its politicians.

I'm an Independent, and I feel the covering-birth-control-with-no-copay was a direct ploy the Dems at the time used to exacerbate the birth control/abortion issue - instead of finding logical solutions to problems.

Covering birth control with no co-pay means middle and high income women who could afford the co-pay no longer pay one, but low income women who might not be on birth control but need other medication (such as for high blood pressure) still can't afford their meds. And it does get the government more involved in your personal medical info - since now they're giving a break to one prescription but not another.

If this had really been about the health of low-income women, they they should've just got a break or credit towards a prescription co-pay - that they could use on which ever they needed. And if we care about low-income affording healthcare, than it should've been expanded to include men too.

But instead it seemed to have been designed in a way to drive the argument stake even deeper.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837377 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 12:17 PM
The doctors and attending staff feared these consequences, despite the fetus having been partially miscarried yet somehow still having a heartbeat. The woman, her cervix fully dilated and vulnerable to infection, was kept bedridden at the hospital for one week until no fetal heartbeat was detected and the procedure took place. She then died from septis.

That is not right. She was admitted on Sunday and the baby died that Tuesday.
http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/1114/media-3435176.html

On the day she arrived at the hospital mid-miscarriage, the doctors all agreed the fetus could not survive.

I have not read anything that suggests that the doctors agreed on the fetus not surviving. She went into the hospital because of back pains, not because she was mid-miscarriage.

She reportedly had septicemia AND and E.coli ESBL. The D&C (whether it came on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday) could have hastened her death by causing the infection to be systemic.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837389 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 12:40 PM

I have not read anything that suggests that the doctors agreed on the fetus not surviving. She went into the hospital because of back pains, not because she was mid-miscarriage.

Supporting a Neanderthal Catholic country's position on abortion isn't working out too well for the Republican Party.
You might just want to give it up, and let it go. Abortion is a right in this country, we don't need to defend a country that's been raping orphans in catholic schools for the past three hundred years.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837395 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 12:50 PM
Supporting a Neanderthal Catholic country's position on abortion isn't working out too well for the Republican Party.

You can try to bully me if you want to. Call me names that don't apply, like Catholic, Republican.

I was just hoping that there was someone not all ginned up on jingoism to tell me I was actually right, or that I was mistaken.

I thought that maybe if you take your time to discuss this story on this board, you might be interested in some facts.

So tell me Rightime, was anything that I wrote in my post that you spent time replying to... wrong?

Do you think that I, someone who has stated a number of times that I am pro-choice, am really interested in supporting Ireland's position?

Please let us know.

Let's discuss this intelligently.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837458 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 2:41 PM
So my question to you is, at what point do you say it's wrong? Would you permit an abortion at week 39 to save a mother?

You're saying you wouldn't?

So you're saying the baby is ALWAYS more important than the mother, once it's viable. What if she has three other kids at home?

Would it matter if she'd wanted the child but things went horribly wrong at the end? People always seem to assume a woman who has an abortion is 1. A slu*t 2. Who never wanted the baby and 3. The baby was otherwise healthy.

There are severe birth defects which can damage the mother if she continues to carry the fetus, things like hydroencepholitis where the baby's head swells with brain fluid and becomes enormous... Yes, the baby's heart would beat then, too...

The article points out the hospital did exactly that - valued the life of a baby, a non-viable one at that, over the mother. Women, apparently, don't have as much right to life as what they carry.

Babies are sacred, Women are disposible.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837464 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 2:45 PM
I rec'd you just for your name.

PancakeBunny!

Fabulous.

"Your post made no sense whatsoever so here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on it's head..."

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837480 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 3:08 PM

You can try to bully me if you want to. Call me names that don't apply, like Catholic, Republican.

I didn't call you any names. I said that the abortion laws in Ireland (due to the catholic cult) are not worth supporting... As far as bullying, that's cry-baby,farfetched.

So tell me Rightime, was anything that I wrote in my post that you spent time replying to... wrong?

I wasn't there and neither were you and even the doctors that refused the abortion have refused to explain the truth.

From your RTE link

University Hospital Galway in western Ireland declined to say whether doctors believed Halappanavar's blood poisoning could have been reversed had she received an abortion rather than wait for the fetus to die on its own.

she was given no other medical choice, that's the point.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837506 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 3:51 PM
"I didn't call you any names... that's cry-baby,farfetched."

I stand corrected.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837536 of 1949427
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/16/2012 4:36 PM
" So tell me Rightime, was anything that I wrote in my post that you spent time replying to... wrong?

I wasn't there and neither were you and even the doctors that refused the abortion have refused to explain the truth.
"

Also, there was nothing that I said that was based on the idea that you or I were there.

Let's have an adult conversation. Tell me why my comments are wrong.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement