UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60457  
Subject: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 8:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/02/17/woman-dies-at-desk-f...

A 51-year-old Los Angeles County worker died at her desk last Friday, and was not found there until the next afternoon, when a Saturday security guard was making the weekend rounds.

Rebecca Wells, who was employed by the L.A. County Department of Internal Services in the risk management division, was last seen alive by co-workers on Friday at about 9AM. "She was always working," commented one co-worker.

</snip>

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31406 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 8:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
That is so sad for her family and friends. She on the other hand is no longer "always working". She has been released from her earthly chains and set free.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31412 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 9:14 PM
Recommendations: 0
<<"She was always working," >>

Perhaps she's been dead for some time. Days? Weeks?

If you were the management, at what point would you quit paying her?

If you were the union here, to what point do you think she should be paid?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31414 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 9:31 PM
"That is so sad for her family and friends. She on the other hand is no longer "always working". She has been released from her earthly chains and set free." - lindytoes

Mom was also 51 when she died which also happened in Southern California. I'm betting you remember that quite vividly!

Life is one big long lesson in what it means and how it feels to be separate.

Artie

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31416 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 9:37 PM
I remember finding her but everything else is gone for the most part. I guess I remember sitting by the grave site with everyone....that was very emotional.

I don't even remember the long trip back to Georgia. Is that when we went to Carlsbad Caverns? Or did we just drive straight back?

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31417 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 10:00 PM
Yeah, we all read about this A MONTH AGO on the RECF board.

Guess you are catching up on last month's current events.

t.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31423 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/19/2011 11:12 PM
"I remember finding her but everything else is gone for the most part. I guess I remember sitting by the grave site with everyone....that was very emotional. I don't even remember the long trip back to Georgia. Is that when we went to Carlsbad Caverns? Or did we just drive straight back?" - lindytoes
--------------------------------------------

What I remember from the trip back is Lee starting in on Robin and it really pi$$ing me off. I jumped right back in her face. By that point in my life I wasn't going to take any more of her sh!t. We weren't gone from California more than a day or two and Lee was being her usual nasty self and saying something horrible and I remember saying something to the effect of "mom's just died and we haven't hardly gotten out of California and your all ready starting in on her!" I'd really had it with Lee by that point.

Artie

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31441 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/20/2011 3:13 PM
It's always been my ambition to be found dead at my desk, but a lot older than 51. I'm almost 70 and just got a real job with a desk, so I may achieve my goal!

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31443 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/20/2011 3:26 PM
It's always been my ambition to be found dead at my desk...

Hmmmmm... Well, they say it's good to have goals. Mine are little different.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31445 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/20/2011 5:54 PM
I never remember anything that clearly...especially so long ago.

Author: reader99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31471 of 60457
Subject: Re: Woman Dies at Desk, Found the Next Day Date: 3/21/2011 11:50 AM
My grandfather died at his desk in his late 70's. He was a cattledealer/dairy farmer and I don't beleive it ever occurred to hime to retire. Do what you love and you never work a day in your life seemed to apply to him.

Reader99

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement