Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: prim69 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5069  
Subject: Woohoo! One step closer to FIRE... Date: 9/11/2003 8:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16
*X-posted to budgeting board*

This is what my budget looked like yesterday (fortnightly figures, in Australian dollars, so some of the amounts may look a bit odd):
Savings             $200.00
Rent $660.00
Groceries $300.00
Fuel $50.00
Oil, car maintenance, car insurance, rego $100.00
Health insurance $88.00
Electricity $30.00
Phone, internet $50.00
House & contents insurance $15.00
Takeaways, school lunches etc. $40.00
School expenses - uniforms, books, excursions $60.00
Holidays $50.00
Entertainment - videos, going out etc. $25.00
Clothes, hair, etc. $60.00
Fun money $44.00

No problem with it. It's what I've been following for nearly 12 months now, & it allowed for everything I spend, & with a fortnightly income of $1772, everything balanced out.

Until today.

I was flicking through the local paper, & came across a house to rent. Close to school, new kitchen, I even looked at it a month or so ago but decided that the $280 they were asking per week was not enough below my current $330 per week to move (I have a pool, fully air cond. etc - thought I liked my creature comforts too much!)

Now, they are advertising it at $200 per week. That's $130 less than what I'm paying now! I put in an application, & she rang me back pretty much straight away to say I had been approved!!

Now I have an extra $130 per week to put into my savings! For that price, I will buy an annual family membership to the local swimming pool ($172 per family) and still come out $6588 per year ahead, by my calculations. Cool!

So financial freedom, here I come.

Primm
*celebrating down under*
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement