Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: prim69 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5074  
Subject: Woohoo! One step closer to FIRE... Date: 9/11/2003 8:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16
*X-posted to budgeting board*

This is what my budget looked like yesterday (fortnightly figures, in Australian dollars, so some of the amounts may look a bit odd):
Savings             $200.00
Rent $660.00
Groceries $300.00
Fuel $50.00
Oil, car maintenance, car insurance, rego $100.00
Health insurance $88.00
Electricity $30.00
Phone, internet $50.00
House & contents insurance $15.00
Takeaways, school lunches etc. $40.00
School expenses - uniforms, books, excursions $60.00
Holidays $50.00
Entertainment - videos, going out etc. $25.00
Clothes, hair, etc. $60.00
Fun money $44.00

No problem with it. It's what I've been following for nearly 12 months now, & it allowed for everything I spend, & with a fortnightly income of $1772, everything balanced out.

Until today.

I was flicking through the local paper, & came across a house to rent. Close to school, new kitchen, I even looked at it a month or so ago but decided that the $280 they were asking per week was not enough below my current $330 per week to move (I have a pool, fully air cond. etc - thought I liked my creature comforts too much!)

Now, they are advertising it at $200 per week. That's $130 less than what I'm paying now! I put in an application, & she rang me back pretty much straight away to say I had been approved!!

Now I have an extra $130 per week to put into my savings! For that price, I will buy an annual family membership to the local swimming pool ($172 per family) and still come out $6588 per year ahead, by my calculations. Cool!

So financial freedom, here I come.

Primm
*celebrating down under*
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 699 of 5074
Subject: Re: Woohoo! One step closer to FIRE... Date: 9/11/2003 11:08 AM
Recommendations: 0
Primm, if you were attempting to get the numbers to line up, be sure to use spaces, not tabs, to space out the columns; tabs are at different spots on different machines, even when running the same software.

Author: prim69 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 713 of 5074
Subject: Re: Woohoo! One step closer to FIRE... Date: 9/11/2003 6:42 PM
Recommendations: 0
Primm, if you were attempting to get the numbers to line up, be sure to use spaces, not tabs, to space out the columns; tabs are at different spots on different machines, even when running the same software.

Thanks, I realised after posting that I had done that, but didn't preview (oops!) and couldn't be bothered going back & reposting!

Primm

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement