No. of Recommendations: 0

I own a one man computer consulting company in New York City, with the one man being me. It's an S-Corp and I hold all offices. I'm also an employee of the company and receive a W-2, etc. I'm wondering if I need to carry workers comp and disability insurance. The application forms seem to indicate that a one (or two) person owned corporation with no employees does not need to carry these insurances. I'm assuming they mean no other employees besides myself. Anyone have any more info on this topic?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.