Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21259  
Subject: Working with Fondant Date: 7/24/2011 10:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone had any experience with this? Specifically, do you know if it`s possible to roll and cut fondant using a pasta maker? Looks like it should be in theory....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21166 of 21259
Subject: Re: Working with Fondant Date: 7/25/2011 8:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Specifically, do you know if it`s possible to roll and cut fondant using a pasta maker? Looks like it should be in theory....

I worked with fondant about 2 years ago. Out of the package, you can barely dent it. With great difficulty you can knead it until it is pliable enough to roll out with a rolling pin. At that point could I have used a pasta roller? Maybe. I think that degree of softness would have required a great deal more kneading than I did.

Once I tasted the stuff...eh, I'm done playing with fondant. Give me a nice buttercream and I can work miracles and have a great tasting result.

Teri

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21167 of 21259
Subject: Re: Working with Fondant Date: 7/25/2011 11:00 AM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks! Just what I needed to know. Turns out, my daughter was the one who kept saying we couldn`t use it for cutting, but she didn`t know the attachment did anything wider than fettucini. Once she found out it could, she reversed her position. I like fondant, even the taste. And the kneading exercise is really good anti-carpal tunnel exercise!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement