Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: redsavina Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7630  
Subject: World of Frissy Date: 1/20/2005 2:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 30
Hey Frissy,

I'd like to talk about this virginity thing, and about you in general. If you can keep from responding to loser boys, it might be a productive and enlightening discussion. I'm not doing this to bait you and I'll try to be less mean than usual.

So, tell us about yourself. Specifically, what's the deal with your using your status as a virgin as an identity and branding strategy? I've known people who have acted like this and it makes no sense to me; they talk incessantly about being a virgin, how virgins do this or think that or whatever (like you're a different race or species or something).

Now, I know you're not one of these Mary Whatsername who advocates no kissing or handholding for two years, nor do I think you're a virgin for freaky repressed religious reasons. Also, I've seen your pictures (e.g. the one with your hair twisty thing) and you're attractive*, so it's not like you couldn't get laid if you really wanted to.

And yet it's virgin this and virgin that. So my questions are:

1. Do you secretly want to NOT be a virgin, but are just doing the Virgin And Proud Of It thing to justify the fact that you haven't had sex yet at the age of [whatever--early 30's maybe?]

2. I had this friend who pretended to her parents she was pure and virginal so they would continue to love her and support her, but secretly she ****ed every guy in the biology department and half of the English department, but would then announce to [name of guy du jour] that she didn't believe in premarital sex. Are you doing this, only without the actual sex? Do you think that if you went ahead and did the nasty, you'd have somehow betrayed your former convictions, even though you have possibly now outgrown them?

3. Or are you serious about saving it for marriage, and just can't shut up about it? Are you this yakkety-yakkety about every other thing in your life, and Virgin And Proud Of It is just one of those things?

4. Are you saving it for the wedding night, or for when he gives you a Big Diamond Ring? Or do you have another milestone indicator?

5. Other (please explain).

Your new friend,

redsavina

*note to all the people who make sport of frissy for being fat: yeah, she's overweight. She admits it and she talks about it. A lot of people are overweight and yet they still manage to have sex and even have other people fall in love with them and be attracted to them. As much fun as it is to mock the roly-poly, I think maybe those who mock frissy are doing it because she's obnoxious and frequently clueless. Heck, maybe they're mocking her because she's fat and still basically likes herself and maybe even thinks of herself as cute, instead of properly self-loathing because we all know fat people are weak and stupid and don't deserve the right to the happiness reserved for the rest of us. This is pure speculation, but you know what I mean.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement